Who has the most miles on the lifetime trans fluid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know the general consensus is to change the fluid. I'm wondering if anyone has put the lifetime fluid to the test yet, seeing as the trans has been in these trucks since about 2013 someone must be getting up there in miles with it.
I know some guys with the lifetime warranty were going to just run with the factory fluid and see how it goes. Any failures? Any still going great with high miles?

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
74k on mine. I’m OCD about maintenance but I really don’t want to mess with the fluid in this transmission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I know the general consensus is to change the fluid. I'm wondering if anyone has put the lifetime fluid to the test yet, seeing as the trans has been in these trucks since about 2013 someone must be getting up there in miles with it.
I know some guys with the lifetime warranty were going to just run with the factory fluid and see how it goes. Any failures? Any still going great with high miles?

I'm at 90k here. Been eyeing that PPE transmission pan to go along with my fluid change in 10k miles

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great question. I'm at 110k.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm at 90k here. Been eyeing that PPE transmission pan to go along with my fluid change in 10k miles

I've been running the PPE pan for awhile now and really like it,well worth the money in my opinion. If you still have the stock Y pipe though,it'll need some tweaking to clear the deeper PPE pan,and it doesn't hurt to wrap the section that crosses under the tranny with some header wrap to help keep the pipe from radiating heat onto the pan if your stuck in rush hour traffic on a hot day.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ppe plan is definitely something I'll get but not until the powertrain warranty expires.