Why are you guys still buying Ram "Classics"???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
First off, the price! Why pay $52K+ (what mine cost new from factory on window sticker) when you can get a fully loaded, low mileage (48K) 2014 like I did for $25K

Second, I really HATE the RAM logo that dominate half of the front and rear. Everyone knows it is a ram and I like the original ram head logo too. That would be like taking a Corvette and putting a HUGE CORVETTE across the front and rear.... would ruin the Corvette.
Maybe they put the huge RAM letters on the grill and tailgate so people wouldnt mistake it for a Toyota or Chev. The crosshairs on the grill always worked for me. Hey if you have a new one I hope it is good to you-not out to make enemies on a site I love!!!

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
In a few years we will may grow more accustomed to the new 5th gen styling; and maybe it will be better than a 6th gen someday. However I just prefer the 4th & now Classic appearance. That doesn't mean I wouldn't choose a 5th gen if buying today; price, features, offers, availability would be deciding factors. After the 4th gen Ram, I think that GMC appearance is better than Chevrolet, Ford, & Toyota.

gspille

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn’t trade my ‘15 for that 5th Gen. I don’t like the look, either. I’m happy with my 5.7 w/8 spd.

Bud B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
MAy sound petty, but in addition to the styling of the front grille, the other thing I dont like is the change to the look of the dual exhausts, the one thing that attracted me to Ram in the first place. THe colored panel camouflages the cutouts and cahnges the effect.

Hirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, 40000$ plus 15% taxes. I got the V6 and it’s full load with the console in the middle. Only thing is that it have the RA2 5 inches radio (Uconnect but no nav).

As for the gas, it suck pretty bad. My 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a 2.5 inch lift and 35 inch tires was doing better then that. But the Ram is way more comfortable
I just bought a 2019 classic 4x4 quad in Aug. and with 20" all seasons im avg. 12.3/100km over 8,000km of which 3,000km was towing 3,000lbs.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I prefer the look of the 4th,5th rebel is very nice and the ones with painted bumpers etc.The 5th with the chrome does not look good,seems to not suit it.I'm not against chrome as my last ram was chrome

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I've been driving Rams since '96, so I am definitely an enthusiast.

The look of the new Ram is just a little to refined for me. I look at it and get the feeling of family car or station wagon with a truck bed on it. The grill being "wrapped" around the lights dont excite me either. There's not doubt they are really nice and I could get used to it with the exception of one thing.

The clincher for me (and I just dont understand why) is the hood badge. It just irritates me for some reason. A 5th gen parked next to me the other day, and I couldn't not focus on the hood badge when I was walking up. It was then that I decided I just couldn't do one. I cant drive something everyday that is irritating. I'd have to fully replace the hood if I were to do a 5 gen.

When walking up to my truck, I want the feeling of "that's bad a$$". All in all, it's a nice truck, but not for me any more.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been driving Rams since '96, so I am definitely an enthusiast.

The look of the new Ram is just a little to refined for me. I look at it and get the feeling of family car or station wagon with a truck bed on it. The grill being "wrapped" around the lights dont excite me either. There's not doubt they are really nice and I could get used to it with the exception of one thing.

The clincher for me (and I just dont understand why) is the hood badge. It just irritates me for some reason. A 5th gen parked next to me the other day, and I couldn't not focus on the hood badge when I was walking up. It was then that I decided I just couldn't do one. I cant drive something everyday that is irritating. I'd have to fully replace the hood if I were to do a 5 gen.

When walking up to my truck, I want the feeling of "that's bad a$$". All in all, it's a nice truck, but not for me any more.

I agree, that hood badge is awful. It's not as bad on the sport hoods (would still prefer it not be there), but I think it makes the regular hood look awful and it does draw my eye as well. I don't care for the badges on our 4th gens either but at least you have the option to remove those without leaving holes.

sirguynate503

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am wondering what the window stickers looks like on some of the 3.6's. For example, some of the Classic Warlocks come with the hood with the scoops but I have only seen them on the 3.6 not the 5.7.

Where are the Classic Window Stickers?

(Edit: Paid 38)

Attachments

• Scan Dec 7, 2019 at 1.07 PM[8181].pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

k_wix2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Definitely going to stick with my 4th gen. It all comes down to the look of the truck for me. There are things that I like about the 5th gen, mainly interior changes, but the overall truck just looks to soft to me.

happycanuk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 classic driver here and like others not impressed with the front end design of the new body style , especially the chrome version. The sport is a bit nicer but still looks to generic. Like others I detest that hood emblem design , really would love to ask the designers what the hell they where thinking. You can’t even remove it with that recessed part in the hood.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well i bought a 18 instead of a classic but basically the same thing.i like the styling of the 19 except the badge location and the dip in the front grille/hood area.and the 1st year of a new design give it a year or two and you get the bugs worked out and better package options.i.e you can get a nite package on the 20 and not the 19 now.and price of course new dt rams aren't quite as bad but ford and chevy have gone ape crap crazy on their suggest msrp over 15000 what the damn trucks worth and you just about have to go all in price wise the way there option packages are to get what you want.no wonder ram has passed chevy for second and gained market share on ford

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemmy
I bought the Classic, because I was going to buy a used truck this time. I found 2 gen 5 and several 2019 classic the gen 5 was around 5k more with less options on them, so I purchased my 2019 classic with 21k on the clock for $25,400 and I really like this truck. The gen5’s I found were quad cabs with the 5’ bed I wanted the 6.4 bed and the room of the crew cab I’m sure that that combo is available in gen 5 but none near me new or used The picture I have here is my new to me 2019 Classic, I upgradesd from my gen3 2004 Ram SLT quad cab rear wheel drive 4.7 now I have a4X4 with 5.7 Hemi hope I love it as much as I did old blue

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought the Classic, because I was going to buy a used truck this time. I found 2 gen 5 and several 2019 classic the gen 5 was around 5k more with less options on them, so I purchased my 2019 classic with 21k on the clock for $25,400 and I really like this truck. The gen5’s I found were quad cabs with the 5’ bed I wanted the 6.4 bed and the room of the crew cab I’m sure that that combo is available in gen 5 but none near me new or used The picture I have here is my new to me 2019 Classic, I upgradesd from my gen3 2004 Ram SLT quad cab rear wheel drive 4.7 now I have a4X4 with 5.7 Hemi hope I love it as much as I did old blue

Compared to the old 4.7, I'm sure you will love this one. For a little over $25K you got a lot of truck!

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Maybe people aren’t fans of the new 2019 Ramtundraradoierracoma ?

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

Bryan Long

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The reason I bought one was 1) The looks of the 4th Gen as compared to the 5th, and 2) This model has been out for quite some time and any real bugs should be well worked out by now.