Why did you buy your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supa Will

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi HD
I just bought a 2018 Ram 2500 Laramie cause they were having an insane sale trying to get rid of them. I bought a loaded truck with leather, moonroof and every bell and whistle you could imagine for 46k. I traded in a a 2015 Chevy 1500 Callaway that was falling apart. I live in Kansas City, Missouri but I’m working in Clarksburg, West Virginia and the dealer delivered my truck to me and gave me a blind appraisal. It was the best experience I ever had buying a vehicle.

If anyone wants to know the dealer it’s Victory Dodge Ram in Kansas City, Kansas. Ben was the sales manager and I talked to Dave. Not sure of their last names but they would know who I am. I’m not one to brag about buying a car cause I hate doing it but this was easy. They gave me what I wanted for a trade and gave me every single rebate plus my USAA discount on top of it. If this truck lasts and I have no issues I will continue buying a Ram from the same exact people.

Thanks everyone !!!! My first post !!!! Glad to be a Ram owner for the first time !!!! The truck is very stock but it will be a beast when I’m done with it !!!!

50CFC22A-0341-4BA3-8EEE-3C92C5E5BC2C.png

JaymanUS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well.. I bought my first truck ('96 GMC extended cab) as I needed more room to carry gear. From there I had a couple Ford F150's to pull a boat and carry motorcycles. My last truck before this RAM was a Ford F250 I used to pull a 30' travel trailer. We decided to downsize. Due to pricing for new Fords and I just really love the looks and power of the RAM, I decided to get my RAM 1500 Harvest Edition 5.7Hemi..and we got a smaller camper as well. I love this RAM truck. So far warranty service has been very kind to me.. Fog lights got cracked right away.. They replaced them. Rear passenger fender flare trim is missing some adhesive. They are replacing it once the part comes in. I love the HEMI power.. WAY better than any of the Fords i've owned.. I also love the suspension and handling of this truck!! Two thumbs up from me!!

Wildfyre116

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 V8
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First one was an '02 Mazda Protege 5. Nothing too crazy, but that was probably the most reliable car I'll ever own. Only problem was the alternator at 80k miles and that was it.

The other was an '08 Mazdaspeed 3. That thing was crazy fast. Super fun to drive, but the suspension had all sorts of problems. It sat pretty low too so you had to be careful basically pulling into any driveway.

I had about 275 to the wheels on my speed3. Was bar-none the funnest car I've owned. I kept it for a bit over a month when I first got my old Tacoma (trying to sell the speed3 during that time) and I actually scared myself with how fast it felt after getting used to the truck, haha. I didn't have any suspension problems, personally -- sold it at 98k though so who knows where it's at these days.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I stated it before, but the ONLY reason I bought my truck is for the winters. That's the ONLY reason.
I would much rather have a car, but the 4X4 is great during the winter time. I wouldn't mind a Trackhawk though. Only downside is buying an extra set of wheels/tires. I'd use the stock wheels for winter with awesome winter tires and a then killer set of wheels/killer tires for the other seasons.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like trucks, I guess. Don’t really need one, but I’m a truck guy so that’s what I drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mvp_Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 1500
Engine
5.7L V8
I fell in love with the 19’s annnnnd my wife said no on the 392 charger lol
edf230f21f41c3f92d329f0f162a9260.jpg
2f67fd5cdecd879a4106e75ae277ee9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.4 Hemi
It’s gotta HEMI!!
Seriously, I’ve always driven Fords. Been talking to a couple of friends, they love theirs. Test drove 2019 crew cab and I was hooked.
It’s Got A HEMI ! !

MileHighRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had about 275 to the wheels on my speed3. Was bar-none the funnest car I've owned. I kept it for a bit over a month when I first got my old Tacoma (trying to sell the speed3 during that time) and I actually scared myself with how fast it felt after getting used to the truck, haha. I didn't have any suspension problems, personally -- sold it at 98k though so who knows where it's at these days.

Yeah those things are sleepers for sure. Definitely miss turning tight corners at speed lol. I sold mine to my brother and got a good deal so all is well haha.

mboymopar

MOPAR
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport
Engine
345 HEMI
The last Ram for me popped up that a local dealer just took the truck in on trade with one pic.
Stopped after work, took it for a test drive.
And the rest is history

OEDRO

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like what they look.
For the commute.

Hemi adventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
1st truck was a hand me down 1963 f100 from my stepdad in 1969,I loved that truck gun rack in back window,get out of school and head for the woods. get a deer and throw it in the back to head home. Then, In 1975 I was working with a guy that had a 66 f100 that he blowed the engine in . I jumped on it ,got a 351 and me and dad fabbed up some motor mounts and stuckit in. New paint,new interior and I was good to go. A few yrs.later marriage a kid and I needed more room, than just a front seat. Found a good deal on a King cab Dakota 318 ci with the jumpseats for the kid to sit in back and was in heaven. That thing would fly! Then kid outgrew the seat so it was back to a mini van. Fast forward yrs. and vehicles later,2010 Tacoma double cab was my 1st new truck ever,loved that truck until last year when we decided to buy a camper for our upcoming "Golden years" and the Taco v6 wouldn't cut it so I found a 2017 2500 SLT 5.7 hemi and haven't looked back yet.

oilslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn Built to Serve edition
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
I traded my '17 Rebel in for a '17 Sport. I liked my Rebel but it had the hemi and the air suspension which I didn't really need any more after I sold my boat.
The Sport had half the miles that the Rebel had and was selling for a lot less than the Rebel was worth as a trade. Plus, the Sport has options that the Rebel didn't. I also saved $ on my payments. Win-win!

fivestar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
In 2017 I got back into motorcycles since being out from 2005. Later that summer I sent out an email to an old friend I hadn't spoken to since about 2007....even though we had ridden together for several years up to 2004. Amazingly that email was answered by him who now resides in SC. Old friendships were rekindled and I was (am) back into the bike hobby full throttle. Knowing I was going to travel to a few states, as well as getting back to the track, I wanted a trailer this time around. I bought a 6x10 enclosed trailer and pulled it a couple of times with my JK Wrangler. Even with my 4.56 gears, I knew I needed something else. Traded in the JK for my Ram on 3-17-18. Overall, Ive been fairly happy with it. A few things would've been done differently, but such is life.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
‘00 used Pontiac Montana as necessity dictated to a used ‘04 Chevy 1500 extended cab that I wrote off on black ice to a used ‘07 Mega Cab that I EFFIN loved that my daughter wrote off (her fault but no one was hurt and she is forgiven) to MY (no one but me drives it) NEW 2018 Sport Night Edition Crew Cab because after my MC I fell in love with the RAM.
I haul my ATV in the back, tow a pop up, load lumber, drive to work, go for coffee, go hunting and just drive sometimes for the love of driving this truck. I don’t care about mileage, but it is decent. I drive a RAM because I drive a RAM period. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Decided we need to step up the camper, still looking for a nice older 5th wheel or toyhauler

20150923_112848-2.jpg

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
My 2014 JKU was my winter driver ( 07 Plum Crazy Daytona was my summer ride).
Last fall when I bought a 900 RZR I found the Wrangler didn't like to tow it very well so I needed something bigger.
I traded for a 2019 Laramie Sport and was so impressed with this truck I just sold the Daytona too...