Why do I feel like my Hemi doesn't run like a Hemi? - revisited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've had my 07 quad cab 4x4 hemi for about 6 weeks now. As a "mature" driver (late in my 6th decade:) - I tend to be a rather conservative driver most of the time. However - when I want the dog to bark - I want it to BARK!!! (Old Detroit street racer from the 60s:)

So my question is this - should my truck be able to turn over the tires from a dead stop (not brake torqueing it)??? Additional info....

- 18k - no, haven't had any maintenance done on it yet. However, the engine sounds fine, and there are absolutely no pauses or hesitations felt in hard acceleration. (Not a bad growl from the single pipe exhaust, either:)
- Have reset TB and pcm.
- I think she has something in the range of a 3.93 rear end.
- She's a gas ***** (as expected:) - about 8-10 around town driving her easy. OTOH - about 17 on the road with no tonneau on yet.
- running Goodyear street tires - 275/60R20s with a good amount of tread left.
- She'll obviously turn em over on a wet day or with some sand or other material at the stop - but not on good, clean concrete or asphalt.

FWIW - I'm not that much of a wrench, plus most tools are now in storage as I'm in the process of moving. So - any home wrenching/tweaks are pretty much a no go at the moment.

I'm simply wondering "what she should do"??? :)

john

PS - As retiement approaches - I've been thinking or going into the private food delivery business - emphasizing FAST delivery. Gonna call it "HEMI JOHN's":):):)

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
How much you wanna do to it? First step is a tuner besides for intake and exhaust.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
My 08, with a tuner, exhaust and CAI wouldn't burn 'em either. It was a 4x4, 3.92 and the stocker 20s on it. My 2010 (with 3.55s) won't either.......unless I turn off ESP. Then, its on. One wheel burn........UGH.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Stock prolly not, but I can burn the right rear tire on my truck for about 3-4 seconds from a dead stop, so with a couple performance mods, you should be able to as well!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stock you should probably be able to get a little squeal from them but doubt you will be able to do any serious spinning without using some brake too. Get some mods for that thing and then you will be able to get the tires spinning.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I could never spin the rears from a stop, not even a chirp until after I had the 4.56's installed (the 3815 flashpak wouldn't do anything even with the 3.92's). Then again I also got rid of the stock crap years almost immediately after getting the truck and replaced them with a nice street tire with some grip to them. Now I cant get on it without spinning them.

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
I wish we could tune. I want a positive displacement supercharger soooooo bad. Mmmm hello insta boost and fat torque curve.