Why do trucks still come with carpeted floor mats?

What kind of floor mats do you prefer?

• Rubber mats

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Carpeted because my shoes never get dirty

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Either works fine for me

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Curious as to what most prefer. I buy rubber slush mats and the carpeted just end up stored somewhere with every new truck I buy. Seems to me the slush mats should be standard and the carpeted optional.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Rubber or Weathertech.

Carpet will look terrible in a month.

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve had the same two front carpeted floor mats for almost 12 years, looks practically new too, but I’ve have some rubber floor mats I put on top of them since I bought my Ram. Been thinking of getting the weatherTechs or the Husky’s recently, take the carpeted mats out, hmmm?

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My ram came with OEM rubber mats. I can’t see the point of carpeted mats in any vehicle, let alone a truck.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remember, some people buy trucks because they are pretty.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think i started a trend :ROFLJest:

Definitely rubber for me. Carpet floor mats look like complete cat **** after one winter here in good 'ol Wisconsin
lol. You may have inspired this. I went less controversial though. At least I think so. Not like I asked if you prefer husky or weathertech.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
WeatherTech! I think the OEM carpet ones are stored in the basement...

DG

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think to some extent it's climate and individual dependent.

When I lived in Arizona mud pretty much didn't exist so carpet mats are nice, they don't show the dirt as obviously and you can just run a vacuum on them periodically. I riveted a metal heel plate into the OEM carpet floor mat under the gas/brake pedal to prevent it wearing through from my sharp boot heel.

These days I live where mud and snow exist so I got the molded Mopar rubber liners. Easier clean out, though unless I actually scrub them they always look dirty because all the soil and dust is on one plane instead of disappearing down into carpet. I also feel like probably in another 50k miles my heel will wear through the rubber.

Good thing is I got both so I can switch 'em out seasonally.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
OK, I live in Ohio, so right away I bought Weathertech floor liners .... Best things ever ..... But, Ohio has nice summers, and I live in flip-flops .... But I won’t drive in them .... So I spend all summer drivin barefoot .... So I put the factory carpets back in for summer .... My $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Huskys here, I got them from Amazon in outlet, open box type sale. Huge savings and they are just as good as Weather tech that I have had in other vehicles.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No carpet in a truck, it's not a Cadillac! :D
My ex fleet truck had carpet added as an option, wtf!
Weathertech liner first thing I bought for her!

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Between living out in the country, camping and the German Shedders, I went looking for the vinyl flooring to trade out for the carpeting. Then there isn't squat for wrecking yards out here and went to the dealer. $650 I didn't want the gold-plated ones.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve had the same two front carpeted floor mats for almost 12 years, looks practically new too, but I’ve have some rubber floor mats I put on top of them since I bought my Ram. Been thinking of getting the weatherTechs or the Husky’s recently, take the carpeted mats out, hmmm?
I wouldnt recommend Weathertechs to anyone based on two firsthand experiences Ive had with them.
1. Mats start to curl on the sides, losing there form.
2. Their window visors fall out when you open the window in motion and disappear.

Customer service (if thats what they call it) is completely terrible. Its so bad that dont even waste your time calling bad. They will accuse you or the vehicle for the issue you are having.

I personally would never buy/waste my money on another one of there products no matter how good or how many people rave over it. Because in the end the only thing they stand behind is the cash register to take your money.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
For the same reason they still put chrome and cloth seats on trucks. Sorry Rusty, I couldn't resist. ;-)

Last edited:

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Put the Mopar weather mats (like Weathertech) in day one front and rear. They work just as well as the other guys and the best part, they were a freebie! Laramie carpet mats are still in the plastic bags in the shed.