Why do trucks still come with carpeted floor mats?

What kind of floor mats do you prefer?

• Rubber mats

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • Carpeted because my shoes never get dirty

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Either works fine for me

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yup .... Bout sums it up ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks like if the trucks came with rubber mats less people would swap them out so far. I know very few people that actually keep the carpeted ones in the truck. I have the mopar full coverage mats much like the husky and weathertech. The mopar mats do look good as new every time I wash them so far. I'm seeing people in warmer climates preferring carpet in the summer, which I understand for barefoot driving.

I can agree with that. At least the mats that came in my Limited have removable carpeted centers for when things might get a little muddy but as far as actual spill protection, that’s why they got pulled out for something that’ll actually contain a spill.

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All this rubber mat talk got me thinking soooo I purchased a set at Walmart a few days ago for the wife’s car, got to thinking today about a second set for my winter vehicle, $17.93 per set of two fronts. My Ram is going to sleep next month for six months, I’ll get Husky’s for that one though.

Kevin

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
All this rubber mat talk got me thinking soooo I purchased a set at Walmart a few days ago for the wife’s car, got to thinking today about a second set for my winter vehicle, $17.93 per set of two fronts. My Ram is going to sleep next month for six months, I’ll get Husky’s for that one though.

Kevin

Thanks for your service, and not gonna lie, little jelly that your Ram gets to hibernate for the Winter ....

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
My 2018 Tradesmen came with the carpeted floor and the heavy carpeted mats, and they're still in great shape. But I don't live in a snowy area and it hardly ever even rains here.

ArmyGrunt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for your service, and not gonna lie, little jelly that your Ram gets to hibernate for the Winter ....

Thanks, one of the pros of having no kids or exes and 20 years to save and invest. I’ve owned my winter car, a GT Convertible Mustang for 20 years, drivetrain has low miles, no reason to give her to someone else for cheap money. I’m almost 55 years old too and thrifty, that helps, lol.

Kevin

Mike_D33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any time I buy a car, I always ask them to throw in all weather mats, same when I bought my Ram.

JOsworth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I have a bit of a different spin on this... I loved the protection of molded all weather mats, but living in the snowy North, I always hated the sloshing puddle from the melted mess splashing around the floor. Then I found these little known brand of mats, 3D MAXpider carpet all weather mats. They are molded like the rubber ones but also have a tough carpet like top layer. They soak up the crud, but don't leak. Keep the look and feel of carpet, yet tough enough to be pressure washed (yes I have hosed mine clean with my pressure washer). They cost about the same as the Husky or other all weather liners.

rx330_classic_black_r1.jpg

Reactions: BWL

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
Hate to break it to you, but 1500's are glorified SUV's with a bed. They primarily haul family, do home depot runs, and pull rv's or utility trailers.

If that saddens you, you might want to swap out to a 2500 which is a "real truck", that ought to restore your man card and brighten your day!

I always get a kick out of guys with 2500's. I pull up next to them. Turn my knob up 4 clicks. Wait for a green light and then I darken their day with my 3500 4x4. People think I wasting fuel, but its all about the fun. Works great going by protesters too.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Longhorn OEM mats have carpeted inserts that can be removed .. However, I purchased some WeatherTech mats for the winter months and will just swap them on a seasonal basis ..

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use Husky because they still support old vehicles!

MMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I bought my 2014 Laramie new, it came with the heavy duty rubber mats.
Really like them.
Had it come with carpet mats, Weathertech's would have been ordered the following day.
That being said, I've owned several sets of Weathertech's mats , window rain guards, etc.
The Husky versions seem nice too and go on sale frequently, which you never see with Weathertech.

Mando Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2000 Dodge Quad-Cab 4x4 came with carpeted mats. I used it as a truck, live on a gravel road, have a gravel driveway, and would have to haul them out and pressure-wash them every month or two. My 2016 RAM Outdoorsman (which I bought used) came with rubber ones (I suspect came standard) and while better than carpet, weren't really the nice 'tray' versions. I got a set of WeatherTech ones for my 2019 RAM Classic and have Rugged Ridge ones in my wife's Jeep. Much preferred over carpet!

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My two previous Dakotas had carpeting and carpet mats. Always hated how dirty they would get even with frequent cleaning.
I went through one winter with my Ram and decided that I wanted a seat of Husky liners due to there design and how rugged they are.
My original carpet mats have been cleaned and are in the box that the full set of Husky liners came shipped in.
Those husky liners are easy to clean, I usually vacuum the lose stuff off and then clean them in the tub with light soap and a wash rag.