Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why the hate?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Slatecreek, Jan 15, 2020.

Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts
  1. Slatecreek

Slatecreek Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Just bought a 2016 ram and I love it. My dad owned won and I loved it too. But ever since I bought it 3 days ago all the guys at work have been giving me shit about it. Why do people have such a negative opinion of them?

2. crazykid1994

crazykid1994 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    What are they saying? Most people claim dodges suck and they break down all the time. I believe it’s mainly due to some bad transmissions they had a while back. I had a 97 and my 17 and people talk crap about my truck breaking down but neither truck ever broke down or left me stranded.

corneileous, tcburch, KC5TGQ and 11 others like this.
  3. Slatecreek

Slatecreek Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    They mainly say like ugh why a dodge? You should have bought a ford or anything besides a dodge

tidefan1967 likes this.
  4. Ribtipram

Ribtipram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    I get the same crap in my small town. All the people i camp with own chevys. I don't think people even know why they say shit. Even if i didn't like what someone was driving what the hell do i care. Some maybe just playful Bantering.

5. bigred90gt

bigred90gt Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I'd find new people to associate with. I drive what I drive because I wanted it and I pay for it. I dont need to listen to someone question my financial decisions.

You can always tell them that if they want to pay the note, you'll drive whatever they want you to. Until they do, they can keep their opinions to themselves about it and try to act like adults.

6. Dodge 1500 4X4

Dodge 1500 4X4 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I believe some people are stuck in the past, with problems they have had, or my buddy's mother cousin has had, the big 3 have had problems with many thing, its how you take the good with the bad, I believe FCA is going to be in fierce competition with FORD take away there fleet sales and leases they would be #2,look out for #1 but don't step in #2

7. SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 CTD
    Jealousy.....

8. kurek

kurek Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Are you asking why people are dumb? Look at the news, look at who people vote for, look at the other people around you in traffic. We're all a bunch of 'tards. Ignore it like the braying of barnyard animals that it is.

9. crazykid1994

crazykid1994 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yea. Sounds like fanboys... I’m not a fan of fanboys. I love my ram truck. Loved my 97 dodge. Loved the 03 and 92 silverados my father owned. Parents now own a 2015 tundra. Truck is great. Only one I have never owned was a ford but I’ve been in plenty. Pretty much what you drive is your choice and if people are ragging on you for driving what you want just remind them it’s your choice. I’ll never own another chevy after my fathers 03 2500 unless it’s a 90s due to the body rusting and the frame cracked after about 10 years and the motor had 50,000 miles on it and the computer died. Every manufacturer has problems or had problems.

PGTB, rvance, Ribtipram and 4 others like this.
  10. Random_Walk

Random_Walk ...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh. Military

Ram Year:
    2017 QC 4WD SLT
    Engine:
    Pentastar 3.6
    '...ask me in 10 years, when you're on your third truck and I'm still driving this bad boy. '

I think that will be my answer.