Why the hate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anyone gives me a hard time I just tell them I did own an F-150 until the engine died before it hit 100k. That was my second F-150 and my last Ford. (Owned all Mopar and Chevy before that.) I learned my lesson with Fords. Since then all Mopar. Three Rams and a Jeep Grand Cherokee in the middle, and the Jeep had a Hemi.

And I was given a hard time because of the Ford by my family. Mostly a Mopar and Chevy family.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I just tell people who wanna talk junk about my truck to look at their pile and rethink what they say. As said before its jealousy/envy.
If ya don't like my truck dont look at it. When you need a ride cause your ***** broke down don't call me.
OP throw that **** talk right back at em...

Blue Mule

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Luckily i haven't experienced this hate, I bought my truck purely on impulse, was "Starstruck" when i seen it. Never owned a dodge, what the hell, i'll give it a try. I believe they probably get all the hate because they've always been the under dog. Always number 3. Not sure i've always thought Ford was number 1 because they were not a bad truck but always the cheapest. Not sure though. Chevys over all i thought were bulletproof, (all of the many work trucks i've drove have been, except for BS interior stuff).

Not sure, may be a little off with all of this but was just my take.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
“Ford 5.0, Chevy 5.3, Ram 5.7. I need a larger engine to complement my larger ****.” Tell them that. For brownie points, actually pull your shaft out. That’ll show em’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
When I had to trade my Toyota T-100 in,
Chevy offered me $500. trade-in.
Ford offered me Zero! Didn't want it.
Dodge offered me $2,500.! Bought my '09 SLT 5.7 4X4 3.92's and loved it. Never looked back.
Weird part is, I was always a Chevy guy. Built 5 motors from parts, all small block Chevy's. Camaros, Monte Carlos, Caprices, K-5 Blazer. Hell, I still have a Balanced, blue printed 406 cu. in. sbc in storage.for the last 26 yrs. Lookin' for a Chevy II to put it in soon.
Still love that '17 2500 Ram every time I fire it up! Good luck and welcome!

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Honestly, Dodge DID have a quality issue. DID. Remember how dashboards literally fell apart after a few years? Now, the RAM is as good or better than any of the rest. Reputations do not quickly go away though.

Ask them "If Ford is all that and a bag of chips, then why is RAM's market share soaring at the expense of Ford (or Chevy)"?

Smile as you walk away looking at the dumbfounded expression on their face, LOL.

R

Rampower2012

This is my second dodge IV owned an I love it is never go back to eny uther. And that ride Barry nice and have a great look about them and I dont pay no attention to the people who want to bash on dodge you can't buy a better truck .

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I got some laughs out of some of those comebacks guys! Lol! Good stuff! Good way to start my Thursday.

I don't brand bash, I like all of the big 3. A coworker and I go back and forth about his Japanese crap (lol),but it's all in good fun. If we all drove the same stuff, life would be boring.

Fire back at them....tell em you'd rather push your ram then drive their:

- Found On Road Dead
- Fix Or Repair Daily
- Fu**ed On Race Day
- General Mayhem
- GM Junk
- Can Hear Every Valve Yelling

See how they like them apples! Lol!

Good luck with the new ram! Despite the drag link recall bs, I do love my Ram (still a Dodge brothers product despite the name change to me and I like that!)

I really enjoyed the history channel series on the cars that made America, especially the Dodge brothers. Those dudes basically built the model T Ford for Henry. I'd bet many people don't know that. Very cool stuff. They were very intelligent men.

jcurryii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have owned chevies, and a Ford. Nothing wrong with them. Have owned nothing but Rams since 1988. Currently driving a 2011 Cummins crew cab 4x4 and a 2002 1500 with 205000 miles on it. My choice and it’s nobody’s business what I drive.