WINCH SIZE!?!?!?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good mornin to all the Mopar lovers out there. Anyways I am new to the whole 4x4 HD thing. Lil history, I grew up on the strip and the family is all about the go fast!!! So the mechanical know how I have. Wanted a change and something different to build. So I am gonna go for the rescue vehicle way. My question is what size winch should I install in the front bumper and what size for the rear bumper and is it even worth mounting a rear winch?

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
You likely don’t need a rear winch, then again overkill is under rated. Just have a set of nice recovery straps and you’ll be fine for most rear pulls. For the size of the winch, you want the winch to be able to pull at least 1.5x the weight of your own vehicle. For example, the Power Wagon weighs in around 7,500-8,000 lbs stock, so Ram puts a 12k on winch on it. Also, look up how a snatch block doubles your pulling power and make sure you have places on the front of your truck to double your line back and hook the winch up to your truck.

And most importantly, make sure you know how to use it.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
[QUOTE="IRSmart,For the size of the winch, you want the winch to be able to pull at least 1.5x the weight of your own vehicle."

"And most importantly, make sure you know how to use it.[/QUOTE]"

^^^
+1