Wiper fluid light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So, recently, my 2021 1500 CC is throwing the check wiper fluid light on the dash. I went ahead and filled it up but the light continues to come on every day. I don't want to hassle going back to the dealer at this point for something this non-important. Has anyone else had this happen and know an easy fix? Obviously this is nothing major so if I have to deal with it until I need to go back to the dealer for a bigger issue, so be it but I thought I'd ask in case others have had this happen.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are you sure you put it in the correct tank and not the coolant overflow by accident?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you refilled it then you may need to have 3 key on/off cycles before the fault clears.

If the MIL doesn't clear once it's refilled then I suspect the sensor has failed.

OP
OP
J

JoshsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm pretty sure I filled the right reservoir but I'll double-check. It's definitely been more than 3 on/off cycles so I'm betting it's a sensor issue

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When the 5th gens first came out there were people claiming that certain types of washer fluid caused issues like this. I'm thinking it was the rain-x brand IIRC. What type of fluid are you using?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get Normal washer fluid. The fancy ones **** with the sensors.

shrubs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah. Heard of this oddity. Came across it when I was searching for info about swapping out my w/s washer fluid pump motor. (I did and it was a good fix)

Lots of posts about Rain-ex brand not being friendly to sensors within related posts. May be other brands too. Or the sensor is just flat out bad.

-got time use the search box on the forum.