Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
IMG_20200610_131303221_MP.jpg IMG_20200611_154601231_MP.jpg Longtime admirer, first time RAM owner....
Just bought a 2011 RAM 1500 Bighorn edition with 113,563 miles. Had the truck 3 whole days and ABSOLUTELY love everything about it. The truck appears to have been very well maintained and several VIN checks all confirm no major events and all recalls performed. Here are my issues that seems to have just started. First I noticed that a lot of the funcions on the vehicle system had been shut off such as the courtesy entry lights, the horn/lights verification when you remote lock the door. After turning them on now I think there is a dreaded gremlin in the electrical. Ever time I open the door the wipers flinch. They don't actually come on but they will move about an half inch. Yesterday as I was washing it I noticed that the entry lights in the mirrors wouldn't shut off although the low headlights did shut off after the correct 30 seconds. I had to go and manually disable the mirror lights. Tonight I put the key-thingy in ignition and turn the ignition on but don't start it and the wipers flinch and the horn beeps like I am remote locking it. I have seen that moisture getting into the main fuse/ relay/bus panel in the engine compartment is sort of a common problem with the 4th gen Ram's. Could this be the case and if so how is it corrected without a complete replacement? All this seems like a corrosion issue to me but what do I know? Also problem#2 and totally unrelated... I cannot get my music to correctly stream to my radio. My phone connects fine and I can make and recive calls but it always fails when I try to send an SMS text and when I stream music via Bluetooth it comes over the speakers very muffled and plays at 2x normal speed (like the old cassette tapes on FF) and cuts in and out. I have unsynced and resynced my phone several times, turned off all other Bluetooth devices and erased everything on my radio and started from scratch. I have the uconnect RBZ model and my phone is the latest model Motorola G Power using Bluetooth 5.0 any help would be much appreciated.View attachment 211543 View attachment 211543

Last edited: