Wiper problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillyD1002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9/360
I know there has been some similar posts but nothing that seemed the same exact as what I am dealing with now.

Recent snow storm, I had the truck idling for a while. I am not sure if the wipers were on during this time or not but I was clearing the driveway while it idles for a while, but the truck and windshield were covered with heavy snow. I hardly ever use this truck so I don't remember if the wiper was left on or not, and I don't want to spend a future on a fix.

Wiper now does not work on intermittent mode, will function on high or low, but as soon as I turn them off they cut off in whatever position they are in, including if they are in the up motion. I have read about a module under the steering column, the wiper motor itself, and the controls on the directional. I would rather try to get feedback and steered in the right direction before I start ordering and replacing parts one by one.

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

dodge truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine did the exact same thing last week. Intermittent wiper don't work and wipers won't park. Low and High does work. I can tell you its not the intermittent wiper module. I'm going to try the wiper motor.
Tony

OP
OP
B

BillyD1002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9/360
Mine did the exact same thing last week. Intermittent wiper don't work and wipers won't park. Low and High does work. I can tell you its not the intermittent wiper module. I'm going to try the wiper motor.
Tony
Thank you, please keep me updated on what you find. This is actually a vehicle I don't really use so don't need to fix it immediately.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
take cover off wiper motor,remove grease,lightly sand all contact points and re apply grease.just repaired mine yesterday.I opened my wiper motor and everything looked good and clean already so I had my doubts but sure as **** I did this and intermittant is working like a *****.I found this out searching threads here.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
if your wiper motor is like mine ,on the motor sd. after you open it up you will see two contacts ,sand and grease those as well and also bend them up just a bit so they make better contact

dodge truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced the wiper switch and that fixed it. Autozone had it stock so I replaced it again (switch was replaced 3 years ago from Autozone).

My wiper motor is the original and the cover is riveted. If the cover has screws its probably a reman. I replaced the motor with Cardone, good opportunity to clean out the cowl area and check the wiper linkage. Now the wipers move more smoothly on intermittent setting. Switch feels less notchy.

OP
OP
B

BillyD1002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9/360
I thought the motor was the issue and changed it to just get a new one, but same issues. Will not park and will not work on intermittent, so I think it is probably the wiper switch.