Wireless Android Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spydieee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, that's pricey. If it works as good as they're saying it does then it would do the job of a HU that's double the cost of a basic AA model.
I had been waiting for a new wireless AA unit to drop but the OEMs have been asleep over over a year. I just recently buckled and bought a Pioneer AVH-2550 NEX because I heard wireless AA likes to disconnect often.

OP
OP
tron67j

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah, the amount of data sent can tax it. Wonder how the dongle will get around the limitations of Bluetooth

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What the carplay unit does is connects via bluetooth and converts it over to a wireless network connection somehow. I've been using one for about a year or so. I not sure of what causes the random flakyness. the headunit or the dongle. I know when using waze and spotify it will flip out sometimes. Most of the time it is great.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
https://www.facebook.com/100821818067999/posts/131441201672727/?extid=xC3qWB2sZ2rSJZJY&d=n

If you are looking for wireless connectivity this one although it is somewhat expensive but it works in ram

The last time I messaged the manufacturer about this unit they told me it was for Carplay only and did not work on Android Auto. I just messaged them again to see if anything has changed.

Screenshot_20200906-143909_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Edit: As of today this still doesn't work with android auto. The manufacturer responded to my query and informed me that their having it adapted to work with Android auto is still on hold.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've seen a slew of news stories regarding different devices (I think). This one promises a full Android device experience on any AA radio?

I wonder if this is focus group type marketing?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

vlamgat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
These do not work with Uuconnect. Well documented. In addition they specify the need for a file upload to Uuconnect which is only possible through the dealers most of whom cannot do that unless its suppled by Mopar.