Wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2019 Warlock (basically a 2018 Ram 1500) that I'm putting an LED bumper light bar on. I'm looking for a ACC fed hot and a hot that is for interior lights (for the switch backlight) Anyone found one, where did you find it and what colors were they? Hoping there's something accessible near the center console as that's where I'm cutting the switch in. Thanks for all your help!!! Any suggestions would be appeciated

Scott S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not exactly what you are asking but a another option instead of cutting a hole in the interior is to add a RF relay under the hood feeding a secondary power relay (standard Bosch light relay) and use the overhead console Homelink buttons to turn the LED bar on and off.

You can tap power under the hood and no cabin wiring is needed unless you want an indicator light to show they are on in which case you would have to run a single wire to the cab to an indicator light - then to ground.

Some of the RF relays you can buy also have remote controls that come with them so you can operate things while outside the truck like your LED bar or a set of work lights.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2019 Warlock (basically a 2018 Ram 1500) that I'm putting an LED bumper light bar on. I'm looking for a ACC fed hot and a hot that is for interior lights (for the switch backlight) Anyone found one, where did you find it and what colors were they? Hoping there's something accessible near the center console as that's where I'm cutting the switch in. Thanks for all your help!!! Any suggestions would be appeciated

This is what Scotts was talking about

Screenshot_20200214-144117_Amazon Shopping.jpg

OP
OP
Mark Ray

Mark Ray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not exactly what you are asking but a another option instead of cutting a hole in the interior is to add a RF relay under the hood feeding a secondary power relay (standard Bosch light relay) and use the overhead console Homelink buttons to turn the LED bar on and off.

You can tap power under the hood and no cabin wiring is needed unless you want an indicator light to show they are on in which case you would have to run a single wire to the cab to an indicator light - then to ground.

Some of the RF relays you can buy also have remote controls that come with them so you can operate things while outside the truck like your LED bar or a set of work lights.

What would be a good wire to tap under the hood? I don't mind not having an indicator light but I would like for it to not be able to be powered up when the key off. My luck, I'd run into work and forget to turn it off if I run it straight off the battery

OP
OP
Mark Ray

Mark Ray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Said "no document" for mine but I'm pretty sure a 2019 Warlock is the same as a 2018 Ram 1500. Thanks for the link. I think I may end up using the cigar lighter circuit.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Said "no document" for mine but I'm pretty sure a 2019 Warlock is the same as a 2018 Ram 1500. Thanks for the link. I think I may end up using the cigar lighter circuit.

You are correct that the 2019 warlock is the same as a 2018 (4th generation)...there is some confusion at times as they released the 5th generation for 2019 as well, for that reason if I had a 2019 classic I would probably just order my parts for a 2018 to avoid potentially getting the wrong parts.

Also it looks like they are continuing to produce the classic for 2020, so more potential confusion there, but great sales for Ram by offering the two generations at once.

Good luck on your project and nice looking truck!