Worth going to the dealership for the trailer brake activation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IxsharpxI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know it can be activated through alfaodb but is it worth it to go to the dealership to have it tied to your vin and all that? My dealership wants 135 and I’ll call a couple more. But the Mx+ is only 80 so is it really worth it to go to the dealership?

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know it can be activated through alfaodb but is it worth it to go to the dealership to have it tied to your vin and all that? My dealership wants 135 and I’ll call a couple more. But the Mx+ is only 80 so is it really worth it to go to the dealership?

Nope just use Alpa and unlock other possibilities. Or pay the dealer $135 for 15 mins of work..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it was my truck and money I would do it through alfaodb. After purchasing alfaodb you will find more things you can use it for making a more worthwhile use of your money.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I did mine before I heard about AlfaOBD. My dealer charged 60.00, seems your dealer is overcharging.

Even at 60.00 I would have gone the AlfaOBD route. As others have said, you can do so many things with it. A great tool!