Would you buy another Hemi - Poll?

Would you buy another Hemi?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably not.

Horsepower and MPG were my reasons to buy one.

They are now making turbo trucks more reliable that are capable of more power and MPG.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Would you buy another hemi, if so why or why not.

On Tapatalk so can’t do the poll, but yes, because I think it’s still a strong engine and with the work we have done on the oil thread I think time will tell we’ve done some good

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I guess we will have to do a running count since phone company won't let you poll. Looks like 50/50 at this point. If you can't vote say your vote, I will talley every so often...

I have to say I miss my 351 windsor engines, I'm not sure modern engines or hemi's suit my needs going further.

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I absolutely would. I have had lot of diesels and i like my hemi better. I dont care about mpg its a truck.

but if it had to be in 5th gen than no. dont like the way the truck looks.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
On my 4th one, would absolutely buy another one if they're still an option when I trade this truck off.

I'd love to be able to justify a cummins, but I'd never use it for what it's intended for. If I am pulling stuff that big I have a few trucks in the yard way better suited for that :)

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I cant see myself buying another FCA product or a Hemi with its known issues.
But I have done stupid stuff before so there is a good chance I will do something stupid again....lol

Really wanting a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but I think a new Bronco will be what I end up with.

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, but I would probably go with the 6.4L hemi. I can't justify a diesel, nor do I want the expense of a diesel. I think gas engines are getting too the point of being able to pull whatever. Unless you pull 35000LBS. The 6.4L hemi, I think will pull just about anything. Cheap to maintain, compared to a diesel. I also wouldn't lift it or put bigger tires. Leave it the way it is, and put her to work.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I voted yes. My hemi is fine so far but it only has 33500 miles on it. It would be nice if they fixed the cam/lifter and manifold bolt issues. But what really bugs me is an easy fix, make a screw on adapter that would bring the oil filter towards the front of the engine on a 45 degree angle. One that has a drain trough to make changes easier and cleaner.

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As of right now no. This is my first big truck and im not too happy with the ac problem and the thud, even if i bought used. A truck this new shoildnt be having these problems. Ive never owned a car before that had these problems and they just tell me is normal. So come time to upgrade ill probably go ford. I know hate in me all you want for saying ford but i never had a si gle problem with anybof the fords i had. BTW i still like my ram a lot and enjoy it every single day i drive it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I voted yes. My hemi is fine so far but it only has 33500 miles on it. It would be nice if they fixed the cam/lifter and manifold bolt issues. But what really bugs me is an easy fix, make a screw on adapter that would bring the oil filter towards the front of the engine on a 45 degree angle. One that has a drain trough to make changes easier and cleaner.

Transdapt makes a relocation kit to fix that problem in single or dual filters. :)
And you are 100% right the factory location is terrible.

20200620_113821.jpg

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I would, but it might take a while, because I usually change brands every purchase just to get a taste of something different.

I meet plenty of people in real life with Hemi vehicles, and not one of them has ever raised the issues that you read about here continually. Forums always present a skewed perspective, particularly when it comes to reliability.

Murdock188

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love my hemi see no reas
As of right now no. This is my first big truck and im not too happy with the ac problem and the thud, even if i bought used. A truck this new shoildnt be having these problems. Ive never owned a car before that had these problems and they just tell me is normal. So come time to upgrade ill probably go ford. I know hate in me all you want for saying ford but i never had a si gle problem with anybof the fords i had. BTW i still like my ram a lot and enjoy it every single day i drive it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol sure but every brand has its flaws, I had a Ford untill I bought my ram a few months ago 2 rack n pinion 3 computers replaced and multiple other issiues in only 2.5 yrs of owning it. Gave up because I couldn't afford to fix it any more. Very happy with my slightly used 1500 hemi. I voted yes, the hemi is perfect blend of towing power/torque and fuel economy without paying the premium for diesel.

Last edited: