you can now start you Ram with Alexa....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Lonestar Edition with Black Out Package
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
got an email saying this is now possible with the RAM skill, tried it, works great. Better than the Uconnect app even!

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
got an email saying this is now possible with the RAM skill, tried it, works great. Better than the Uconnect app even!

AFAIK this skill requires an active Uconnect account and an active SiriusXM Guardian subscription to function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Lonestar Edition with Black Out Package
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
AFAIK this skill requires an active Uconnect account and an active SiriusXM Guardian subscription to function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah sorry forgot to mention that......

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Both? Why would it require both if uConnect can do it on its own?

2017 Lonestar CC Brilliant Black Pearl

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if uConnect works with Google Home? I don't use Alexa at all.

Inhocmark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
Both? Why would it require both if uConnect can do it on its own?

2017 Lonestar CC Brilliant Black Pearl

Basically Alexa has been given permission to access uConnect and perform the action. It's not Alexa starting your Truck, it's Alexa accessing uConnect for you. All your saving is opening up your phone if you have the uConnect sub.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still can’t understand why people love these voice assistants so much. At some point there is going to be a major hack of them and people’s IoT devices are going to go crazy.

Maybe I’m paranoid but after 20+ years in IT, I don’t trust the security of most of those things.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I still can’t understand why people love these voice assistants so much. At some point there is going to be a major hack of them and people’s IoT devices are going to go crazy.

Maybe I’m paranoid but after 20+ years in IT, I don’t trust the security of most of those things.

For it to activate you still use your PIN for security.
I guess if a spy was hiding around the corner and heard you speak your PIN then your world would be over.

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For it to activate you still use your PIN for security.
I guess if a spy was hiding around the corner and heard you speak your PIN then your world would be over.

Your pin is sent to the Alexa "cloud", you have no idea who is listening....

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes and the Internet is completely secure.All the constant security patches are because the developers found flaws not hackers. Honestly, if the truck is out of remote range I have no need to start it.

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Agreed. I also have many years in IT, some in business intelligence. I do not trust the security of the systems nor most of the people/companies who ultimately are in charge of the data that is collected. Blows my mind that people are so willing to give up privacy for a little convenience.

I remote started my truck from about 100 yards Friday. Didn't need an app either. Just pulled the remote out of my pocket, where it always is anyway, and hit the button. Seems simple enough.

sawz

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alien probes are a higher concern, and probably more likely.

Remember in 2019 when it was discovered the Amazon employees were listening to recordings of commands sent to Alexa to improve the accuracy? I'll just leave this here for your reading pleasure... https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...a-has-been-eavesdropping-you-this-whole-time/

I have an Alexa in just about every common area in my house, I use them daily. But I do not use them for things like door locks, garage door opener, alarm system etc.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Remember in 2019 when it was discovered the Amazon employees were listening to recordings of commands sent to Alexa to improve the accuracy? I'll just leave this here for your reading pleasure... https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...a-has-been-eavesdropping-you-this-whole-time/

I have an Alexa in just about every common area in my house, I use them daily. But I do not use them for things like door locks, garage door opener, alarm system etc.

Still no worries but appreciate it for sure. My dot history began in Feb 2020 so I went through it then erased it all. The PIN request recording was not displayed but probably was recorded atleast at one point. I'm not really concerned since I don't have anything else linked to it. My camera system is a standalone.
Thanks again though.
Now about these aliens.......

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
Its all about making each Generation more stupid so to speak there no more road maps its google and let your phone or truck tell you where to go i bet most of kids now do not even know where the north star is at