you just have to say... really WTF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
So its time for an oil change. Watch a few youtubes looking for tips and tricks... come across a great little tool to plug the filter after you unscrew it before you remove it from tool... Go to Amazon to find the cost and get in cart... then i see this... Subscribe and save..... What... really, I wouldn't toss this out each time... who would...

1635017869669.png

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah definately don't need more than one of them.

But I don't see what the point of this thing is. You are still going to have oil dripping down your arm before you install the plug.

I put a gallon ziplock bag around the filter before I pull it off. Not completely mess free but it works really well.

OP
OP
jvbuttex

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
yup yup, i too have done that before. putting a bag around the filer before dropping off. i have done many of the filter changes when they are in this position, good old chevy 305/350 were in same position, yes the dribbled down the filter, down my arm...