Your Tools........What Do You Carry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The stuff i carry is in case I might break down and need it, but another reason, and almost as important to me anyway, is the ability to be able to stop and help someone that is stranded and either can't or doesn't have the tools or equipment to help themselves. There is nothing better than the look on their face when you have helped them out of a jam, or a firm handshake and a "Thank You". You never know--what goes around, comes around.
Jay

#1 Reason right there to carry tools and such.

But I quit doing that when a rash of robberies were happening in my area where one car would pretend it was broke down and another would come up and they would pull a armed robbery.. Sad that even helping someone people take advantage. So now if I have the girlfriend or baby with me or don't have the 9mm I won't stop.. I still feel bad though. unless its a little old lady I'll turn back around.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
I was too thinking of getting some tools to carry with me.

It would be very basic however because even though I consider myself handy, I don't know much about car repairs and won't be able to do much anyway besides some little common thing stuff...

I already have tow strap, jumper cable, flashlight, first aid kit, ham radio, batteries, etc

I'll probably get small bag with pliers, duct tape, zip ties, and some wrenches.

I also wanted to get gas can, but still debating if it's safe or not, as it may ignite in a bad accident...

No reason to carry more as won't know what to do with it anyway, it's not like I'm going to be replacing engine parts on a side of the road in the forest...

Any thoughts or comments?

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The stuff i carry is in case I might break down and need it, but another reason, and almost as important to me anyway, is the ability to be able to stop and help someone that is stranded and either can't or doesn't have the tools or equipment to help themselves. There is nothing better than the look on their face when you have helped them out of a jam, or a firm handshake and a "Thank You". You never know--what goes around, comes around.

Jay

This makes me miss home (NC).. Out here you would get two different results
a) everyone will fly by you at 90mph
b) someone will almost cause a wreck by slamming on their breaks to look and video tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its a never ending list.... once you get everything on it, you put more on the list....

We got to a point where we made a shop tool truck... the Ranch owner bought a old snap on truck and it became the Mobile Shop... And that still wasn't big enough so there is a trailer too... That's what happens when you let your list go to far.

Tell me about it lol. I just bought a 32 piece SAE/Metric Combination Wrench set with Stubbies last night as well as a pair of self-adjusting pliers off the clearance shelf at Lowes. It is becoming an addiction lol

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is becoming an addiction lol

Ain't that the truth... every payday the girlfriend asks what tool did I buy this week.. Got to train her early before I put a ring on it.... :roflsquared:
I ran out of room in my tool shed months ago, so I'm now building another 14'x14' workshop/storage shed it will be my gun room.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you start buying Snap-On, that will slow you down :naughty:
Jay

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ain't that the truth... every payday the girlfriend asks what tool did I buy this week.. Got to train her early before I put a ring on it.... :roflsquared:
I ran out of room in my tool shed months ago, so I'm now building another 14'x14' workshop/storage shed it will be my gun room.

See I am already engaged. Normally she yells when I do mods for my truck and says "what do you need that for!?!?" Now when it comes to tools, that's an easy one. I just simply say "it can be used for the house." I'm slowly realizing how to get around the complaining I get from buying stuff lol

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mobile phone and 2 containers of drinking water stored under the floor.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you start buying Snap-On, that will slow you down :naughty:
Jay
Sadly no. It just accelerates my trip to the poorhouse. The snap on driver has my cell number and texts me to let me know which dealerships he's at in case I "need" something :/

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk