Zeigler for extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
For anyone here who searches for extended warranty reviews for a new or currently owned vehicle I can add another good review for these people here. My dealer offered a portfolio warranty 7yr/75,000 miles for $2700. Wasn’t aware of the online warranty game. Canceled for a full refund and got a 8yr/100,000 mile warranty for $1900 flat! Mopar max care plan. My dealer didn’t even offer a mopar plan, so I am guesing that they make good money on 3rd party warranty’s. The look on the financial managers face when I told him this was very funny as he could barely look at me. Wish I could have told the poor guy signing papers in the office while I waited outside to cancel. Anyone else here go through these guys?

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
For anyone here who searches for extended warranty reviews for a new or currently owned vehicle I can add another good review for these people here. My dealer offered a portfolio warranty 7yr/75,000 miles for $2700. Wasn’t aware of the online warranty game. Canceled for a full refund and got a 8yr/100,000 mile warranty for $1900 flat! Mopar max care plan. My dealer didn’t even offer a mopar plan, so I am guesing that they make good money on 3rd party warranty’s. The look on the financial managers face when I told him this was very funny as he could barely look at me. Wish I could have told the poor guy signing papers in the office while I waited outside to cancel. Anyone else here go through these guys?

Yep, I went through them back in 2014 and am very happy with the purchase (Just got a new engine!). I bought another FCA vehicle and was surprised the dealer didn't offer the factory backed warranty. They had some third party crap that I laughed at. I guess it's a dealer by dealer choice which to offer.

jimspencer741

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I got warranty thru CarShield right after I left the dealer (Dave Smith Motors in Idaho) and this was back in early 2021. They quoted me over 4k I do believe. My CarShield warranty is for 4 year/75K miles bumper to bumper coverage with $100 deductible, cost me $2,200. I did ended up using it for a tow to a dealer when my transmission went out and then it ended up needing to be replaced all together, only had to pay the $100 deductible for it. Also includes roadside assistance.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Zeigler is okay but others dealers have had lower prices...

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Zeigler is okay but others dealers have had lower prices...
Yeah, best thing is on buying day have your research done ahead of time so when you get into the finance office you can produce a piece of paper with a quote and ask them to match. From what I've read around here, most dealers will and that way you can finance it into a loan if you so choose (I personally think rolling it into the loan and most auto loans in general are a bad idea but that's an argument for another day).

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
FYI - The dealer net, which is the cost of the service contract to the dealer, is usually 50% of the retail at most dealers. There is lots of wiggle room in these things.

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FYI - The dealer net, which is the cost of the service contract to the dealer, is usually 50% of the retail at most dealers. There is lots of wiggle room in these things.
My dealer sucked in that department

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, Granger is beating Zeigler by a few hundred dollars right now, for the Mopar ext coverage. But I'm glad to hear you didn't let the dealer rip you off.
I can’t find this granger to see the difference? From what I initially had I am still more than happy though.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I can’t find this granger to see the difference? From what I initially had I am still more than happy though.
They are a CDJR dealer near Des Moines, IA. I would guess you could send an email to either of the folks listed under the Service Contracts tab to get a quote.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
I've used Ziegler for several contract purchases including the lifetime maxcare on my current 2018, as well as a Super Duty and an F150 I owned for a while. They sell Ford as well. Usually, if you email them and ask, they will give you a discount code to further reduce the price.

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've used Ziegler for several contract purchases including the lifetime maxcare on my current 2018, as well as a Super Duty and an F150 I owned for a while. They sell Ford as well. Usually, if you email them and ask, they will give you a discount code to further reduce the price.
Completely happy with my price of $1900!

partzguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, best thing is on buying day have your research done ahead of time so when you get into the finance office you can produce a piece of paper with a quote and ask them to match. From what I've read around here, most dealers will and that way you can finance it into a loan if you so choose (I personally think rolling it into the loan and most auto loans in general are a bad idea but that's an argument for another day).
That’s EXACTLY what I did. Dealer quoted $3550 for a 3rd party warranty. Pulled out my printed Ziegler quote for $2150, and told him if he’d match their price on that exact Mopar Maxcare warranty with the same length and deductible I’d buy it from him. Took him about 15 seconds to agree!

Thornback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Better yet, purchase vehicles that don't break down. Why should you have to insure a product put out by a company. Especially after you paid an arm and a leg for their product.

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Better yet, purchase vehicles that don't break down. Why should you have to insure a product put out by a company. Especially after you paid an arm and a leg for their product.
Everything breaks down #1, #2 the electronics are a expensive thing to go wrong if it happens also. In the world everything breaks at some point. Chrysler isn’t known for being as reliable as a Honda, but what Honda is equivalent to a hemi ram truck?

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I generally agree with this as I have a Honda Odyssey that I've owned for 14 years with literally nothing but oil changes, brakes and a couple batteries. That being said, when I bought my Ram, a comparable Ford or Chevy was roughly 5K more. I opted for the Ram and the warranty and am VERY pleased with my decision. Of course, we can have the Ford v. Chevy v. Ram debate for pages and pages but I'd hope we can at least all agree these Rams are no Hondas.

Marmay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honda,yes,but not FCA products.

jdavis4982

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I got an email from Mopar directly today. I spoke with Alana. She helped me get the Mopar extended warranty. After discussing my options she sent me the brochures on all plans. After looking through them I purchased the 7 YEARS / UNLIMITED MILES ADDED CARE PLUS - $200 DEDUCTIBLE for $2745 I paid all up front. For a payment plan it was $3045 over 30 months with 10% down upfront. The MaxCare plan was $4069 paid in full or $4688 over 30 months. I impressed with MOPAR DIRECT. They beat my dealer by a lot. I just found this thread through general search. Didn't know about ZEIGLER or CHRYSLER WARRANTY DIRECT but felt MOPAR gave me a good offer.

So if your looking to go direct MOPAR is waiting their direct number is 888-306-6545 or contact this nice lady who helped me today.

Alana Onorato
Mopar Direct Sales Agent
517-759-1277

[email protected]

OP
OP
BuschLatte420

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got an email from Mopar directly today. I spoke with Alana. She helped me get the Mopar extended warranty. After discussing my options she sent me the brochures on all plans. After looking through them I purchased the 7 YEARS / UNLIMITED MILES ADDED CARE PLUS - $200 DEDUCTIBLE for $2745 I paid all up front. For a payment plan it was $3045 over 30 months with 10% down upfront. The MaxCare plan was $4069 paid in full or $4688 over 30 months. I impressed with MOPAR DIRECT. They beat my dealer by a lot. I just found this thread through general search. Didn't know about ZEIGLER or CHRYSLER WARRANTY DIRECT but felt MOPAR gave me a good offer.

So if your looking to go direct MOPAR is waiting their direct number is 888-306-6545 or contact this nice lady who helped me today.

Alana Onorato
Mopar Direct Sales Agent
517-759-1277

[email protected]
Sounds like a rip off

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm ready to pull the trigger on an extended warr.. any idea who has the best deals today? Factory not 3rd party...thanks much!