Zone UCA clearance to strut mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All - just installed the zone UCA with Bilstien at 2.1... was poking around, still have a very random clunk and noticed how close the UCA is the upper mount.. called Zone and they weren't much help but at least I verified I have them on the correct sides part number 02547 is on the driver side and 02548 is on the pass. there is clearance but not more than a couple of mm from UCA for flange.... anyone else notice this?

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
sounds stupped but i had the same problem i found that the lower bolt that holds the shock gets lose by just a hair just tighten it very hard just for ***** tightin the top as well let me now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't know about the part numbers, but if you think the UCA's are rubbing the strut towers you can try to see if there is contact. Should be super easy to spot. worst case take a grinder and you can fix the issue in a couple of min. The boxed up structure on the Zone UCA's can be a little bulky but i doubt the clunk you hear will be from them touching the strut towers.

Have you checked the washers were correctly installed in the 5100's, all bolts/nuts etc from the install are torqued down to correct specs ? No issues with bushings and what not ?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are tight but I’ve never had contact on mine.

675C54B6-15CA-41DF-967E-61B0E35079F6.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't believe they are contacting, just very close. I know the washers on the 5100 are in the right spot made sure on this one. All bushings are now new..... I torqued everything to proper values per FCA tech connect, but am going to go over all fasteners again. Thanks for the feedback

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put the washers in the wrong place on my bilsteins that I had... cause noises

I also over tightened the sway bar end links and ruined them pretty quickly, that was always another noise I got.

Are you certain the noise is coming from the front? Maybe your rear shocked aren't tightened enough or got loose?

Just spitballing the top reasons I've personally ran into lol

OP
OP
J

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
double checked all my bolted connections for proper torque and assembly... all looks good. in normal driving I do not hear anything, even on rough roads. really only hear the sound while turning but only 1 quick sound. Maybe getting too **** but bothering me. for some reason I think it is the sway bar.. have new ends to lower control arm and are torques properly... I think this weekend I am going to disconnect it and take a drive. Will keep digging!