DavidRam's 1st Audio Build... EVER! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Then it's has 2 rings that you can use with different tweeters. So they are almost like reducers for different tweeters.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I didn't get the pics up yesterday but here they are.

Hey bro, thanks a bunch!

So the tweeters are 1 7/8" diameter on the body (the recessed area), 2 1/4" on the face and 1 1/4" deep with the nut on. Forgot to measure without it.

Attachments

• HAT L1 Pro R2 Dimensions.jpg
    HAT L1 Pro R2 Dimensions.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 24

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yeah the face but I see how they mount. Badass tweeters you have there.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah the face but I see how they mount. Badass tweeters you have there.

I love the way they look, that was why I was drawn to them. The fact they sound good is just a bonus, lol.

Thanks for getting the dims... Do you think they will fit?

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is the email I got back from Nick when I asked him about what ohm to wire the BMs at:

"David,

​For long-term reliability I would wire each woofer in series (8 Ohm load per woofer) and then parallel the two subwoofers for a final 4 Ohm load. Power handling is not a power requirement and ~200+ watts will be perfect per woofer.

--------------
Nick
Stereo Integrity
"

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I believe He stresses the power issue bc, as he told me, there is next to zero distortion in the woofer so when it's being overdriven, it won't sound like anything is wrong, Like almost any other sub would. He said there would be a POP, and by that point it's too late.

These subs don't sound like regular subs so people try to crank up the power or volume so they sound "louder", then wind up ruining them.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I'll start with running them at 4 ohm like he recommended and then see how I like it...

Is this the way I should wire it to run 4 ohm???

Attachments

• 2DVC_4-ohm_mono (1).jpg
    2DVC_4-ohm_mono (1).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 103

lizardking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 6.7 "The real deal"
I believe He stresses the power issue bc, as he told me, there is next to zero distortion in the woofer so when it's being overdriven, it won't sound like anything is wrong, Like almost any other sub would. He said there would be a POP, and by that point it's too late.

These subs don't sound like regular subs so people try to crank up the power or volume so they sound "louder", then wind up ruining them.

Sort of reminds me of the Morel Ultimo subwoofers. Most people don't like them because they have a very unique true to bass sound. Blend effortlessly to the point you think they aren't playing. However, most people don't like that and want that BOOM...BOOM sound.

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sort of reminds me of the Morel Ultimo subwoofers. Most people don't like them because they have a very unique true to bass sound. Blend effortlessly to the point you think they aren't playing. However, most people don't like that and want that BOOM...BOOM sound.

That's exactly it. The boom boom people hear is basically distortion and that's what gives them the perceived loudness. With the MKIV, u almost need to turn it off to realize what it's actually doing. It's insanely transparent.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7

That's exactly it. The boom boom people hear is basically distortion and that's what gives them the perceived loudness. With the MKIV, u almost need to turn it off to realize what it's actually doing. It's insanely transparent.

Yes David, wire like that.

Ok, thanks.

I am looking forward to hearing these things. Based on what you guys are saying and what I read on diyma, this should be really interesting.

I am VERY glad that the guy doing my tuning is a top level sq guy, because I think any old audio shop would turn these up to get the boom, boom they expect and fry them...

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know I must be driving you guys crazy by now... sorry. :(

I was trying to figure out the wiring. I don't actually need to run a wire from one sub into the enclosure of the other sub do I (see 3rd pic)???

Also, since I have dual connectors can I simplify it like the 1st and 2nd picture???

Attachments

• SubWiring DavidRam 4ohm.jpg
    SubWiring DavidRam 4ohm.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 4 ohm wiring.jpg
    4 ohm wiring.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2 Wire USE THIS!.jpg
    2 Wire USE THIS!.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
SPL amps have been this way for years now. Yes David like the first pic. You will be wiring each sub to 8ohms the connect them to the amp

petesnchz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM EXPRESS SINGLE CAB
Engine
Wow David, your pulling out all the stops. I would love to get a listen when you got it all together.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1

Yes yes! Lizardking and Brad are spot on..."sq" subs are quite different and a lot of people do not like them. I got my Blacks from a guy who demoed them for a few weeks, but he didn't like them. He missed the raw output. To be honest, it took me a few days to appreciate them as well. The Ultimo, Esotar 1200, & others are very transparent like Brad said (MKIV included)...so guys pay big dollar for really great sounding subwoofers, but become unpleased because they do not make enough noise....funny, the great sounding subs do not make a bunch of noise...they simply recreate what was recorded...
People spend good money on their front stage, then drown it out with a dry, loud, plastic sounding subwoofer(s)....to each their own however.
You're gonna love that sub!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish