Diablo sucks it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Great Diablo Sport information here or something...

3 hours last night trying to download drivers and such, 2 more this morning and I still don't have it installed...
This thing is a freaking nightmare. It keeps telling me my vehicle needs
A download update.
This diablo is a PITA to install!!!

Last edited:

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i GOT THAT ERROR UPON RECEIVING IT, BUT updated it once and it ran fine.

Cant remember how to go about it since my brand new tablet is incapable of running trinity software! Damnit, useless F'ing thing.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Errors

After errors...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 105

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I meant did you get everything on the computer set up correctly? OS/version of the computer?

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you setup the DSDownloader and the drivers installed correctly, plug the tool into the computer and it'll read the tool, you may need to register the tool on the diablosport website which you can find the ID in the tool itself. Then I believe once it reads the device you just click on express tune mode at the bottom and update the tool. But in order to get updates you need to register the device. It should update the tool from then on automatically, but you'll need to reset the device in order to update each time.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya I'm not even getting that far, I'm starting to think it's the fire wall on my computer and it's not letting Diablo get in where it needs to be.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BELOW ARE MY INSTRUCTIONS FROM SEAN @ HF:

NOTE : When tuning, leave the driver side door open so the key off steps completely turns off everything.

When you get the tuner, first thing is to plug it up to your pc and run an update using dsdownloader which you can get from the Diablo website. That's found in the downloads section on the Diablo site. Run dsdownloader with the trinity attached to ur pc. Then click on the express tab and then click on update tool. Then load a preloaded tune file in ur vehicle. If your pcm isn't at the latest flash revision it will state that and then you can go back to ur pc and run dsdownloader. Click on Calibration Update to download your new pcm info into the tuner. Once completed carry it back to the vehicle and it will flash the pcm with the latest revision. If you have any trouble with that, contact DiabloSport tech support and they can walk you through it. Once that is done, THEN you can load in a preloaded tune file.

Once you've loaded in the preloaded tune you've chosen you can then use the dsdownloader application again. Click on the express tab and Get tune from tuner to get the last tune written and original backup file. Email me both of those. I will edit the tune and email it back with logging instructions. Here is a video on how to do that : Trinity tuner last tune written and backup file download - YouTube

Here is the forum section for using a MAC : Diablosport Forums • View forum - Mac/Non Windows based issues

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That helped a lot ^^^^ that's completey different than what I was doing and the video was spot on THANKS. !!!!!

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Maybe post what you were doing wrong to help others. Thought I saw someone yesterday having similar issues. Hope it all goes smooth now. :)

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will, I've got to go into the shop, they are talking about tornados today so I've got to head in.
Golf ball size hail
70 MPH winds
ISO tornadoes
Could have used that extra boost of HP... Looks like the party's gonna start around 4

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I will, I've got to go into the shop, they are talking about tornados today so I've got to head in.
Golf ball size hail
70 MPH winds
ISO tornadoes
Could have used that extra boost of HP... Looks like the party's gonna start around 4

I'm crazy enough I'd be chasing them around. I've done it before, but in Ohio, they're few and far between. Hope your truck's in the garage. Be safe.

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Golf ball size hail
70 MPH winds
ISO tornadoes

Off topic but you started it... :D

Having grown up in tornado alley, I've always been enamored with the whole storm chasing thing. I loved Storm Chasers when it was on. I'd seriously dig the chance to do a storm chase someday. No disrespect intended for the power of the storms or the human toll they sometimes take, but I'm definitely a supercell fan. It's bringing it right now, as a matter of fact. Creek's about to run over the road, in fact. Flippin' pouring rain.

Glad your tuner is working now.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Off topic but you started it... :D

Having grown up in tornado alley, I've always been enamored with the whole storm chasing thing. I loved Storm Chasers when it was on. I'd seriously dig the chance to do a storm chase someday. No disrespect intended for the power of the storms or the human toll they sometimes take, but I'm definitely a supercell fan. It's bringing it right now, as a matter of fact. Creek's about to run over the road, in fact. Flippin' pouring rain.

Glad your tuner is working now.

It's not, I'm taking it with me and continuing to fight a good fight until it's installed.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We lost 4 chasers last year a few miles from my house in Yukon. They are impressive acts of nature for sure.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks pretty good

It's about twice as big as a BD. I guess size matters right?

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
If it makes you feel any better I arranged for my other supervisor to cover for me so I can wait for the mail to come. And I am still waiting... Good luck with the storms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk