Diablo sucks it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Have you got your truck prepped for install?

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed

Still not working but go to go!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 45

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
No. I thought about it but for some reason I decided to wait till it arrives. I am going to most likely install tomorrow before work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the screen alway stay off? Until you push a button and then it goes back off?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
It will stay on if you've got it open to an active screen like one of the gauge monitoring screens, otherwise it will go into sleep mode but remain on, which if left plugged in will drain the battery, just a warning.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It will stay on if you've got it open to an active screen like one of the gauge monitoring screens, otherwise it will go into sleep mode but remain on, which if left plugged in will drain the battery, just a warning.

Good info, never heard that before. So can you turn it off while plugged in so it doesn't drain the battery? Or, is it always in just some kind of sleep mode.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I've found that it will sleep and use very little power if you leave it on the monitoring screen, but it uses more power when it's still actively looking for data such as when you're just on the main screen.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is good to know. Thanks!!!

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've found that it will sleep and use very little power if you leave it on the monitoring screen, but it uses more power when it's still actively looking for data such as when you're just on the main screen.

Kurtis, I believe there was a bug in the newer DCX PCM that wouldn't allow the Trinity to power down like it does for the 09' and 10' Rams.

I don't know that Diablo found a fix for that yet,
I haven't been on the Diablo board for a while now

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just my experience, I've never had an issue with the battery draining and I usually leave it plugged in on the monitoring screen and on the main screen. I know others have had issue though but I leave it plugged in all day/night.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, we should make a thread just for problems with the Diablo, and how you fix them.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI, for new T1000 guys. If you are tyring to run datalogs, Sean needs about 5 minutes of regular driving including one wot run 0-75, this should be done in one log. However, if you haven't downloaded the latest DS update, the T1000 will freeze in about a minute of datalogging. Return truck to stock, take DS to your computer and download the latest update.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is telling me to reflash ECM and it will not upload tune to vehicle.

THIS SHOULD HELP YOU, TOO:

NOTE : When tuning, leave the driver side door open so the key off steps completely turns off everything.

When you get the tuner, first thing is to plug it up to your pc and run an update using dsdownloader which you can get from the Diablo website. That's found in the downloads section on the Diablo site. Run dsdownloader with the trinity attached to ur pc. Then click on the express tab and then click on update tool. Then load a preloaded tune file in ur vehicle. If your pcm isn't at the latest flash revision it will state that and then you can go back to ur pc and run dsdownloader. Click on Calibration Update to download your new pcm info into the tuner. Once completed carry it back to the vehicle and it will flash the pcm with the latest revision. If you have any trouble with that, contact DiabloSport tech support and they can walk you through it. Once that is done, THEN you can load in a preloaded tune file.

Matt440Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
THIS SHOULD HELP YOU, TOO:

NOTE : When tuning, leave the driver side door open so the key off steps completely turns off everything.

When you get the tuner, first thing is to plug it up to your pc and run an update using dsdownloader which you can get from the Diablo website. That's found in the downloads section on the Diablo site. Run dsdownloader with the trinity attached to ur pc. Then click on the express tab and then click on update tool. Then load a preloaded tune file in ur vehicle. If your pcm isn't at the latest flash revision it will state that and then you can go back to ur pc and run dsdownloader. Click on Calibration Update to download your new pcm info into the tuner. Once completed carry it back to the vehicle and it will flash the pcm with the latest revision. If you have any trouble with that, contact DiabloSport tech support and they can walk you through it. Once that is done, THEN you can load in a preloaded tune file.

I'll try that if the weather isn't too bad once I get home. Thanks.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Maybe post what you were doing wrong to help others. Thought I saw someone yesterday having similar issues. Hope it all goes smooth now. :)

Yeah, I'm sure this will happen to me!

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DS T1000 installation: I got my instructions emailed to me by Sean at HF, and they were spot on. I did the entire install in less than an hour, with no problems at all.

Happy to share that info with anyone who needs them.

Last edited:

Matt440Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, Hello!!
She's awake now! Thanks DavidRam! Install worked perfectly that time

:biggun::mfr_omg::jawdrop: