Diablo sucks it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Yup

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could get a second opinion. From what it sounds like, he tunes for all the bolt ons and the more you add the better the tune fills out. Does it feel like it pulls well? Did I see you posted a video?

on the move..

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just need to get a TC..it may be a while before I can afford headers.

on the move..

Last edited:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I just wanted to know if you were having issues with the programmer itself or if you just weren't happy with the tunes. I know you had issues updating it originally, but unless it freezes on you or you manage to brick your PCM then it's a very straight forward tool.

Sean has several 'canned' tunes he sends out to cover most of the bolt-ons, and you obviously have the tune already to cover what mods you have. At this point you've got what he can give you, so you've got what you paid for. Unless you want to tune everything based off your AFR and fine tune your WOT AFR, but doing that is best done on a dyno where you can make back to back pulls.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just wanted to know if you were having issues with the programmer itself or if you just weren't happy with the tunes. I know you had issues updating it originally, but unless it freezes on you or you manage to brick your PCM then it's a very straight forward tool.

Sean has several 'canned' tunes he sends out to cover most of the bolt-ons, and you obviously have the tune already to cover what mods you have. At this point you've got what he can give you, so you've got what you paid for. Unless you want to tune everything based off your AFR and fine tune your WOT AFR, but doing that is best done on a dyno where you can make back to back pulls.

The more I play with it the more comfortable I get and the easier it is. I'm building my own gauge clusters, all kinds of thing now.

So from here on out , maybe I use my local guy?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You'll get used to working with the programmer. It took me about 3 months before I was comfortable enough to not think twice about making changes on the side of the road. It's now not uncommon to see me just cruising around with the laptop on the passenger seat.

I'd give your local guy a try. The only issue is if he hasn't done a VVT hemi before he can make it run worse; there's a lot to be said about experience with these engines. I'm personally trying a local guy who normally does fords but owns a SRT8 magnum and has tuned a friend's 5.7L '10 chally. If it doesn't work out then I'm back to email tunes with Josh.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Josh?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
There's only so much that can done with a mail order tune.

You go to any car forum and not many will say get a mail order tune. Unless you have too.
You will see way better results with a custom in person tune and that doesn't mean a dyno tune. Just driving the car around to monitor the parameters, logging them and going back to review it and see what had to be changed. This sometimes might have to be done several times.

There so many external factors that go into a tune. Elevation, humidity, temperature etc..

You need to check this forum to if they know anybody.
Oklahoma Ram Club

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's only so much that can done with a mail order tune.

You go to any car forum and not many will say get a mail order tune. Unless you have too.
You will see way better results with a custom in person tune and that doesn't mean a dyno tune. Just driving the car around to monitor the parameters, logging them and going back to review it and see what had to be changed. This sometimes might have to be done several times.

There so many external factors that go into a tune. Elevation, humidity, temperature etc..

You need to check this forum to if they know anybody.
Oklahoma Ram Club

I belong to that forum...

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've already got a local tuner ...

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So today I got I find out first hand how HFs tune would help my MPGs. It seems that the MDS was turned off with this tune, but I didn't want it off. I liked having the MDS because of the higher MPGs. Well today I made my 3 hour trip home and set cruise control to 74. From Birmingham, AL to Nashville, TN is a fairly hilly drive, but there are a few flat spots. Even with the hills, I was getting 20 MPG! The best I got with MDS set to cruise was maybe 18. So I'm definitely happy about that.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Yeah I am not a fan of MDS. I have had mine turned off ever since tuning my Ram. My older truck has a superchips and I experimented with it on/off with all the different tunes and saw the best mileage with perf tune with MDS turned off. It has 3.92s. So on this one I just turned it off asap. Throttle response is sooooo much better in town with it turned off.

OP
OP
Lhemi

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here, that was the first thing I killed with my BD. But out here it's pretty flat so it did work better.