“Swaybar disconnect unavailable?”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruinjay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey fellas-

I have 8k miles on my ‘19 powerwagon. Had a “sway bar disconnect unavailable” warning pop up on the dash. I’ve disconnected the swaybar several times just to test on dirt roads before, but nothing extreme. Any idea what could cause the warning?

F307D9B1-DFD2-407A-AEC1-C16EB43C65E6.jpeg

5F091BAC-D2F5-4B26-A2AF-4FE7FD470F99.jpeg

OP
OP
Bruinjay

Bruinjay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just to clarify the error presented in 2wd. Swaybar won’t disconnect. Restarted truck several times message still there. Shifted into 4hi tried again. Message persists, swaybar won’t disconnect

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a speed limit to when it will re-connect. Maybe that triggered the message?

The message doesn't go away, and it wont disconnect going slow in 4lo or 4hi?

OP
OP
Bruinjay

Bruinjay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Light cam on in parking lot and doesnt go away stopped or driving in 2 or 4hi. Ill try to disconnect in 4Lo...

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
You can disconnect and connect it under 18 mph in 4hi. If you speed up over 18 it will reconnect automatically. It will not disconnect if in a bind. (Sharp turns or when one wheel is substantially higher than the other)

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Just to clarify the error presented in 2wd. Swaybar won’t disconnect. Restarted truck several times message still there. Shifted into 4hi tried again. Message persists, swaybar won’t disconnect
Hi Bruinjay, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local RAM dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
RamCares

Earl howard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m having the same problem With my 2019 PW. Parked the truck for ten mins came out and started it. Light won’t go off no matter what I try. What did ya do?

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Look for water intrusion in the Smartbar wiring harness connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I’m having the same problem With my 2019 PW. Parked the truck for ten mins came out and started it. Light won’t go off no matter what I try. What did ya do?

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, Earl. If you are unable to determine the cause of this with the assistance of fellow forum members, I suggest connecting with your local certified Ram dealer as they are in the best position to assist. Please know that we are available via private message if you are in need of any assistance with that process.

Mark
RamCares

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
88056452_1095656957493394_3322806778604814336_o.jpg

Make the sway bar your *****.

Also, spelling....

Brandon caw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My truck just did the exact same thing. I turned it off and went into a job and came back out started it up and that same light is on. Guess ill wait to see if its off tomorrow. I had my truck tell me all my TPS sensors weren't working for a few hours then it just randomly started working again too.:shrug:

Bruinjay, how long was yours on before it just disappeared?

GeRick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Same here. If I let it sit and idle for too long my lights will start going off saying "sway bar disconnect unavailable" and "service shifter". I have found that if I turn it off for awhile and disconnect the wire harness going into the smart bar and plug it back in the lights go away and it operates normally. I have an appointment coming up here to have a dealership look at it but as of right now this is my only solution. FYI I have a 2020 Powerwagon that I just purchased a few weeks ago with 30k miles. I believe that it has something to do with the location of the wiring harness and it gets hot being right below the motor, but this is only speculation and I am not a mechanic.