0-60 time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ok I thought that you were saying you did in 4wd. That just seems rediculously quick for what truck you have. I have a quad cab express with similar mods and cant even get close to that. Is the tire size calibrated correctly in your tuner? What gears do you have?

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Is your tire size correctly programmed? That's really quick for 4WD Crewcab. My best is only 5.3 on the street, but I spun terribly. On the track I've gotten 4.8

My tires are to factory specs. No lift kit or leveling/lowering of any kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
From what i can see the vid also starts at 5-10 mph. Not trying to bust balls but if you were in 2wd I just dont see how it is possible, im not saying its impossible just highly unlikely. The reason I asked about tire size is because your programmer isnt a stopwatch, it gives you that time based on fast your speedometer, which is calibrated by tire size and gearing. Therefore if either one of those is set incorrectly in your tuner will calculate your speed incorrectly and thus give you a wrong 0-60 time.

If that truly is 100% accurate, kudos to you for having an insanely fast crew cab with a couple simple mods.

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
From what i can see the vid also starts at 5-10 mph. Not trying to bust balls but if you were in 2wd I just dont see how it is possible, im not saying its impossible just highly unlikely. The reason I asked about tire size is because your programmer isnt a stopwatch, it gives you that time based on fast your speedometer, which is calibrated by tire size and gearing. Therefore if either one of those is set incorrectly in your tuner will calculate your speed incorrectly and thus give you a wrong 0-60 time.

If that truly is 100% accurate, kudos to you for having an insanely fast crew cab with a couple simple mods.

Seems to me that busting balls is EXACTLY what you're doing.

Number 1. I could care less what people think therefore I have absolutely no reason to make this up.
Number 2. Watch the video again. Pause the video and drag the slider all the way to the starting position and you can clearly see the speedo is at 0.
Number 3. I have already checked and my tire size is correctly calibrated within the Diablo.

I posted this to see what others were getting with similar trucks/mods and just to do a simple comparison but it seems all I have really done is draw out "haters". Lets be real here. To suggest that this is "highly unlikely" is to also suggest that I am in done way lying or have fabricated the vid or the pic. If you're calling me a liar then just say it and stop with all the "unlikely" ********.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I did a couple of pulls off my Trinity with a 6.49 0-60. Quad cab express with 3.92 gears, anti spin rear diff, VR Grabber, 85mm PTB, 2800 Edge Verter, 14" mufflex and 93 HemiFever tune. Those are some good numbers you have there.

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Seems to me that busting balls is EXACTLY what you're doing.

Number 1. I could care less what people think therefore I have absolutely no reason to make this up.
Number 2. Watch the video again. Pause the video and drag the slider all the way to the starting position and you can clearly see the speedo is at 0.

I just wanted to verify your numbers were accurate. You obviously care what people think or you wouldnt be creating a thread to show everyone your 0-60 video. If I were you and 4 or 5 guys posting saying that doesnt seem right I would be wondering where I went wrong not saying that you pulled out all the "haters". I guess you didnt notice how there are 0 guys sitting here telling you that they are getting times like that with similar mods. Your argument about how your video is proof is bull I watched it several times and the speedo needle is already moving when the video starts. On top of that its blurry so you cant even see when the needle gets to 60.

Im not here to call you a liar, im not here to call you out on a personal level, in fact I could give two ***** if your truck made it to 60 in 2 seconds. I just want to know if there is some magic crap that you have that I dont. Im sure myself and a lot of other guys would love to know how to shave a full second off the 0-60 times we are getting with the same stuff. :jnono:

COPGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Great video and great 0-60 time. Congrats, these are awesome trucks. Keep the mods coming and these trucks can do anything.

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just wanted to verify your numbers were accurate. You obviously care what people think or you wouldnt be creating a thread to show everyone your 0-60 video. If I were you and 4 or 5 guys posting saying that doesnt seem right I would be wondering where I went wrong not saying that you pulled out all the "haters". I guess you didnt notice how there are 0 guys sitting here telling you that they are getting times like that with similar mods. Your argument about how your video is proof is bull I watched it several times and the speedo needle is already moving when the video starts. On top of that its blurry so you cant even see when the needle gets to 60.

Im not here to call you a liar, im not here to call you out on a personal level, in fact I could give two ***** if your truck made it to 60 in 2 seconds. I just want to know if there is some magic crap that you have that I dont. Im sure myself and a lot of other guys would love to know how to shave a full second off the 0-60 times we are getting with the same stuff. :jnono:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382374553.380219.jpg
Screen shot of the video paused at the very beginning. Where's the speedo pointed? Where's the tach?

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Im not going to get into a ******* match with you, the youtube video link you posted originally was awful quality and it appeared the needle was moving at the start of the video. Either way I do not care as much as you think I do and apparently the only crutch you have to lean on is your video and a picture. Congratulations your truck defies physics and is faster than single and quad cabs by a full second.

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
SImageUploadedByTapatalk1382375432.827450.jpg
Screen shot of the video at the needle hit 60. Again, clearly visible.

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

If you read the thread I asked what kind of numbers I should be getting on a 0-60 run before I ever posted the pic or the vid. Therefore, I was not asking what people thought. I was asking what I should be expecting. It wasn't really to "show" people my time, it was more or less to show people I wasn't full of ****. The fact of the matter is if I would have just posted that I pulled a 5.59 with no pictorial evident I would have drawn even more criticism. You know that as well as I do. I have not been on this forum that long but I have seen enough statements made like, "without pics, it didn't happen" to know that I need to back up what ever I post with proof.

Now, to your statement that the needle is moving already when the video starts, I posted a screen shot of the video before it started. Like I said, paused with the time slider all the way to the starting point and you can clearly see the needle on the speedo is at 0. The tach is also at idle. I also posted a screen shot of when the video ends where you can clearly see when the needle is at 60. So therefore your feeble attempt to discredit my video by saying it is "bull" is busted.

Also, as for your redundant statement about me caring what people think, it really does not matter. I could go on and on saying that I don't care and you would only come back with, if you didn't care then why are you arguing the point. So we will have to agree to disagree on that point I guess.

The cold hard fact is that that was the time that I ran with all parameters correctly calibrated. Maybe it was a fluke. Maybe it wasn't. Maybe the sun and moon and stars were aligned just right or maybe I was holding my tongue in the right position. Whatever the case, it is what it is. I'm flattered that so many guys are saying that it was a good run. Just points out that I what ever I'm doing is obviously on the right track.

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Im not going to get into a ******* match with you, the youtube video link you posted originally was awful quality and it appeared the needle was moving at the start of the video. Either way I do not care as much as you think I do and apparently the only crutch you have to lean on is your video and a picture. Congratulations your truck defies physics and is faster than single and quad cabs by a full second.

What other crutch should I be leaning on? I dont understand what all I would need to post.

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Magic recipe, add 30ish whp to a truck that does 0-60 in 7 secs box stock and your faster than a factory 350Z to 60. I dont care what you posted, you think your numbers are right, good for you. Agree to disagree, I havent implied anything about you personally and your are acting like a rabid animal backed into a corner.

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Magic recipe, add 30ish whp to a truck that does 0-60 in 7 secs box stock and your faster than a factory 350Z to 60. I dont care what you posted, you think your numbers are right, good for you. Agree to disagree, I havent implied anything about you personally and your are acting like a rabid animal backed into a corner.

I posted facts. Picture. Video. I was asked about my tire size calibrations = Checked and confirmed. If you or anyone else don't believe those are my numbers, what could it be that is causing this?

I'm not trying to be a rabid animal. I just don't know what else I should check to make sure I'm getting accurate data. Kinda sounds to me like you aren't pulling the same numbers and can't figure out how to and you're getting defensive with me. Kind of like a sore loser type situation but without the race. Hating. Lol. All I'm hearing is sarcastic attempts to accuse me of lying or being full of ****. Tell me what I have to check.

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
First off Im not being sarcastic. Im plain as day, dead serious. I have no reason to be passive aggressive. I really am trying to figure out what is different. Im not jealous that your truck is faster and Im not a sore loser there are many people getting the same 6.5 secs I am day in and day out. Maybe you are right and you just had perfect conditions (cool temp, tons of traction etc) My problem is i can never get through the first 20 feet smoothly without bogging or spinning. The thing that really annoyed me is your lack of tact. When someone says that they question your result you immediately defend your claim and then continue to say that you have been called a liar, which still hasnt happened. Also I dont have as much of a problem with your video as I have a problem with your logic. You post a video that is not the greatest quality and expect people to believe it is truth just because its 5 seconds long, well your tuner says 5.59 so where did the other .59 secs go? Wouldnt youtube round up to 6? I dont think your a liar for what its worth, your picture of the tuner alone is enough for me to believe youre going off what you are seeing, I guess I would be more of a believer if you could duplicate it. At the end of the day it has little bearing on me though, I just really wanted to figure out if there was something different about your run or truck that would make it much better than everyone elses and apparently its gotten out of hand.

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
First off Im not being sarcastic. Im plain as day, dead serious. I have no reason to be passive aggressive. I really am trying to figure out what is different. Im not jealous that your truck is faster and Im not a sore loser there are many people getting the same 6.5 secs I am day in and day out. Maybe you are right and you just had perfect conditions (cool temp, tons of traction etc) My problem is i can never get through the first 20 feet smoothly without bogging or spinning. The thing that really annoyed me is your lack of tact. When someone says that they question your result you immediately defend your claim and then continue to say that you have been called a liar, which still hasnt happened. Also I dont have as much of a problem with your video as I have a problem with your logic. You post a video that is not the greatest quality and expect people to believe it is truth just because its 5 seconds long, well your tuner says 5.59 so where did the other .59 secs go? Wouldnt youtube round up to 6? I dont think your a liar for what its worth, your picture of the tuner alone is enough for me to believe youre going off what you are seeing, I guess I would be more of a believer if you could duplicate it. At the end of the day it has little bearing on me though, I just really wanted to figure out if there was something different about your run or truck that would make it much better than everyone elses and apparently its gotten out of hand.

I totally agree that it has gotten out of hand. I do apologize if I became defensive too quickly. I know that no one has called me a "liar" but you implied it. Or at least that how it was perceived. As to your question about YouTube rounding to 0.06 seconds. Again, just for the sake of argument, I have attached a screen shot of the YouTube channel where it DOES round the timer count to 0.06. I will try to make additional runs to see if these results can be duplicated. If it can then it is what it is. If it can not, I will readily apologize further. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382380562.334625.jpg

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
PLEASE don't think I am trying to add to the perceived accusations etc, but I have had to adjust both my Bully Dog and the Trinity I now run with a Hemifever tune to make my speedometer show what my phones GPS shows for mph. They were both inaccurate with the "right" tire size installed. I had to put them both on like 32.5'' or something like that (maybe even 32.25''?) to make it accurate all the way up to 85 mph at least. That was with 305/50 Coopers, and these Toyo 275/60s. Now it is less than a half mph off at 85 mph. Can't get it any closer than that. Either way, there is no doubt you have a good running truck. Definitely NOT a "made on a Monday morning engine" huh?