08 diesel regen problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Ok here goes, my 08 6.7 is not going into regen when it tells me it needs to regen, comes up power reduced see dealer, what a joke , been to 3dealers tell me to drive it for 45 miles and it will clear itself---not a chance! Anybody have a real way to kick it into regen, or is there something I can un-plug, then plug back in to get into regen mode?? oh been having this problem for the last year, sometimes it will kick in regen but 3-4 days later does the same thing, any ideas. ??

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok here goes, my 08 6.7 is not going into regen when it tells me it needs to regen, comes up power reduced see dealer, what a joke , been to 3dealers tell me to drive it for 45 miles and it will clear itself---not a chance! Anybody have a real way to kick it into regen, or is there something I can un-plug, then plug back in to get into regen mode?? oh been having this problem for the last year, sometimes it will kick in regen but 3-4 days later does the same thing, any ideas. ??
Is the check engine light on? Do you just drive it on short trips?

OP
OP
K

kkfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
yes the engine light comes on says high heat exhaust bank1 , I drive 35 miles one way every morning, but usually over 100 miles on drives.

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you know the actual DTC number that is coming up? Depending on what it is it could just be a faulty sensor

OP
OP
K

kkfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I checked for codes This morning found, P2080 , P2084, P242B and F , and P0471, all about exhaust heat , is it possible that a sensor is causing it to not go into regen. ??