12" U Connect Radio Shut Down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Had the truck 6 months and the last week or so I have noticed the radio does not shut off immediately when I exit the vehicle after shutting down. Like always before. The first time it happened I went back thru the starting procedure and shut down again. The radio went off. Last night I shut down, radio still on, got out and locked the doors, radio and display still on. Walked away to make sure it was not the fob and could still hear it and see the light inside. Went inside and then back out about three minutes later and it was off. Since there is no off button I can find is anyone having this same symptom? And is it a potential problem. Going to the dealer in about a month but with my luck it won't do it then. Or maybe it will and I will get some runaround. I'm concerned at some point this could stay on and kill the battery. I can trun the volume down but that's about it.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I know a couple of times my radio, stayed on too. In the end mine was doing some over the air updates, and it was downloading these on its own. Did it ask you about an update ever?

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
While I do not have your specific radio, I know there are setting you can change in the system to shut down things based on time. Check the setting menu for those features.

OP
OP
M

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
The last couple times the radio shut off so it might be it was going thru some kind of update. And I will look at the settings if I can find those. It was about five minutes before it shut off.