12" uconnect reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey all, screen froze in my 21 75A..seat heat cool controls is all thats on the screen and the touch for those works...shut off truck same...is the correct method to hold the volume and tune buttons in at the same for 15 seconds? I saw another method of holding your finger down on the upper RH side of the screen..just wanted to check in before I start messing with it....thx

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had a 2019 Limited 1500 and never had to reset. Never thought about it till your post. Interested to know if you ever find out how. I would imagine every time it does an update it would reset, and also, every time the battery is disconnected.

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope it’s just a one time glitch. But it always makes me nervous when you have electric issues,they can get real frustrating fast. Good luck.

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good luck! I'm currently on my second 12" radio at 7k miles and a new one is needed....lol

First one kept freezing on XM and you would have to shut the truck off to fix it. This one keeps pixelating and reboots...about every 15 minutes. Dealer fought the replacement on the first one....for some weird reason. Finally got ahold of Chrysler and they opened a star case. If you take it in the dealers go to is "software update coming " .... there's no update....lol

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Good luck! I'm currently on my second 12" radio at 7k miles and a new one is needed....lol

First one kept freezing on XM and you would have to shut the truck off to fix it. This one keeps pixelating and reboots...about every 15 minutes. Dealer fought the replacement on the first one....for some weird reason. Finally got ahold of Chrysler and they opened a star case. If you take it in the dealers go to is "software update coming " .... there's no update....lol

Hi there,

That doesn't sound right... we'd like to look into this for you! Please send us a private message with details about the symptoms you've noticed with your Uconnect screen so that we can help find a resolution and get additional support arranged for you while at your dealership visit.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hell everyone--

To perform a soft reset of your Uconnect system-

1) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN)
For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal

2) Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.

3) Let go of the buttons

4) Turn the vehicle off

5) Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)

6) Close door

7) Restart vehicle

8) Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present

If your concerns still persist after performing this reset, please don't hesitate to reach out via private messages. We would be happy to help look into it for you.

Courtney
Ram Cares

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Thanks for the tip. Every once in a while my radio volume increases on its own till it’s at Max. You can turn it down with the knob or steering wheel control and it just goes right back up. Turn off radio and it continues to go up, so that when it’s turned back on it’s blaring at Max volume. Same thing when you turn off the truck. I have solved it each time by disconnecting the negative battery cable, but that’s no fun so hopefully if it happens again the soft reset will work.

OP
OP
Airmousam

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mine has not repeated since I started this 10 days ago..will try the reset if it does it again

allans

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagen
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just picked up my new PW last Tuesday. Having the same scorn blackout described above. It seems to come back on after a few minutes and some random Botton jiggling. Very maddening!

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good luck, let me know how it goes....lol

Attachments

• 20210926_194012.jpg
    20210926_194012.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
Airmousam

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mine has still not repeated, just that one freeze..yours looks a little more serious than mine..hope it works out!!

YellowD100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2020 is on its 3rd radio and this one is also freezing. We've taken it back and the tech wants to blame it on my Ham Radio. This all started before it was installed, and is never on when it happens. I'll be taking it it back on Monday so they can hopefully troubleshoot further, it's definitely not the radio causing this. There are a few other gremlins also. After locking the truck I sometimes find it unlocked later. I don't want to but I may have to Lemon Law it.

OP
OP
Airmousam

Airmousam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That sucks, sry to hear...mine...so far, was just a one off..how the heck is it the ham radio? Makes no sense..

Uglyduck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I've had the same issues. Mainly it's just the SXM/Radio/Phone connect that goes out and it happens a few times a week. The last time I disconnected the battery I lost all Climate Control to include heated seats, heated steering wheel. When I tried to use the climate control it would either go to MIN or MAX, nothing in-between. After about 350 miles it finally reset itself. I hope this works, but I am not looking to do this reset on a daily basis.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had the same issues. Mainly it's just the SXM/Radio/Phone connect that goes out and it happens a few times a week. The last time I disconnected the battery I lost all Climate Control to include heated seats, heated steering wheel. When I tried to use the climate control it would either go to MIN or MAX, nothing in-between. After about 350 miles it finally reset itself. I hope this works, but I am not looking to do this reset on a daily basis.
Its not just ram, my wifes new Cherokee L is doing the same thing. I have already had it in for that and the front left speakers not working. They said they couldn't replicate it. Of course they cant. We pick it up and drove off the lot and it was doing the same thing again. I drove straight back and had them see what it was doing. We also video tapped it. I would video tape it and then take it back to the dealership.