'14 Longhorn 6.4 CTD no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aanorm69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
HELP! I used my truck, 2014 Longhorn 6.4 CTD, this morning to run a short errand. Got home and the truck sat for about 5 hours. Just went go somewhere and it won't start. I have the passive entry with the push button start and when press I the brake and push the start button I can hear relays clicking, the dash and info center display blink on and off, the drivers seat starts and stops moving forward to my position. Checked and have 12.65 -12.7 volts on both batteries. Any ideas? Anyone have this happen? Any quick response would be greatly appreciated cause I NEED MY TRUCK. Thanks

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Replace the battery in the key or try using another key. The wife's Durango would do really funny stuff when the battery would get low in the fob.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You don't need a battery in fob for the Keyless Enter-N-Go trucks. Use the fob itself to push the button in to start the truck.

OP
OP
A

aanorm69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Thanks. I ck'ed the voltage at the starter- good. I just replaced batts in both fobs about two weeks ago. Tried the press with the fob idea- no soap. I'm going to pull both batteries and have them load checked. May be a bad battery but still have good voltage. just no capacity. I'll post back.
Thanks again.

OP
OP
A

aanorm69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I pulled both batteries and had them load checked at AutoZone and they bot tested bad. I bought the truck pre-owned and don't know the history of the batteries so it was just probably their time to go. I replaced them with a pair of Bosch AGMs with 800 CCA. Pep Boys has a 20% savings if you order on line. You can pay online or in store. Saved $88+change. I had both batteries out for about 3 hours and when I put the new ones in, all of my settings, even the clock, were still set. I've never owned a vehicle this technologically advanced as this Longhorn and when I pushed the start button and the dash went crazy my first thought was WTF. Thanks to all for your input.