'18 Power Wagon Washer Fluid Spray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Just wondering if everyones washer fluid pump is as bad as mine. The spray hits about a quarter of the way up the windshield when driving at highway speeds. It's so bad when driving in snowy/slush weather I consider it a safety hazard. Is everyones like this stock or is this considered normal with Ram trucks? As a side note the wipers don't perform overly well either being streaky as hell but I'm sure the lack of fluid hitting the windshield has a lot to do with that.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just wondering if everyones washer fluid pump is as bad as mine. The spray hits about a quarter of the way up the windshield when driving at highway speeds. It's so bad when driving in snowy/slush weather I consider it a safety hazard. Is everyones like this stock or is this considered normal with Ram trucks? As a side note the wipers don't perform overly well either being streaky as hell but I'm sure the lack of fluid hitting the windshield has a lot to do with that.

Thanks.

Is the reservoir full?

My 2019 classic is good. sprays the whole windshield and the wipers dont leave anything behind.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I had similar issues with my 2016 Power Wagon shortly after my purchase, it stop spraying in late November 2017. My wiper fluid froze in the line. On a warmer day I ran the fluid dry, refilled with 1 gallon of extreme cold (-30F, -34C) deicer fluid, and changed the wiper blades to winter blades. Works great now this morning in Gunnison, Colorado. Temperature of minus 20F. Typical nice day.

Last edited:

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup, my driver side spray is only halfway up the windshield! Hasn’t caused any issues yet!

Passenger side seems “normal”, good coverage!

I wonder if there’s any adjustment to it!

Years ago, I remember being able to use a dental pick to “adjust” the spray! Can’t remember what vehicle it was though!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine seems to spray just fine. What does drive me nuts, though, is that the wipers start moving before the spray comes out.

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Haven't had any issues with my 18 PW.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
how old it the truck?
what do you fill it with?
whats the outside temp?

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mine seems to spray just fine. What does drive me nuts, though, is that the wipers start moving before the spray comes out.

This.... I have to let off the button for a sec and reengage to get the windshield covered in spray. Pretty annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This.... I have to let off the button for a sec and reengage to get the windshield covered in spray. Pretty annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like just about any vehicle i have had, when you press the washer button it sprays for as long as you hold it, and when you let off THEN the wipers go. This damn thing, when you hit the button the wilers instantly come on, then fluid squirts out. I mean wtf were they thinking?

OP
OP
J

Jeffrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
how old it the truck?
what do you fill it with?
whats the outside temp?

A little over a week old
Winter Washer Fluid
0 to -20c

Seems like a spray coverage issue coupled with crappy stock wipers adding to the problem. I ordered new wipers today. If that doesn't correct the horrible streaking/visibility problem I'm going to take it into the dealership and get them to look at the pump.

Thanks to everyone that replied in the thread. Nice to get an idea if others are experiencing the same problem.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i believe the stock wipers were totally acceptable for about 8 months. but South florida heat sure is different. save them and test them out when its warm.

the temp is your issue. mix some crap high proof vodka with distilled water

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
0 to -20C winter washer fluid in Canada? They must have some really nice balmy winters up there. I'd call my travel agent to escape the winters here if it's true. That's just 32 to -4F poured from an unopened recently manufactured bottle of washer fluid. The older the washer fluid, the less freeze protection. From my experience the higher temperature listed on that bottle is when it begins to slush up. At just below their lower temperature listed it freezes solid.

The wiper sprayer holes mounted on a cold steel PW hood are first to entirely slush and freeze up being that they are exposed to the outside temperatures. I figure that millions of people in the States immediately south of US/Canada border line would love to see those 32 to -4F temperatures right now.