19 Wagon Revealed Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Seriously digging the Power Wagon!
But my wife says she can't get past the Freddie Mercury mustache grille...

Snacktime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I wonder if they will do 4.10 gears with the 8 speed or go back to 4.56

I wish I could afford to upgrade!

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They lost me with the dial shifter....won't do it. Thank goodness I got my '18PW when I did. I like invention and innovation, but there is absolutely no reason why they should force a dial shifter on us. It's the reason I wouldn't buy a 1500 RAM. There is such a thing as "too much" and the dial shifter is just that. It is a critical piece that if it breaks you are done...in my 50 years of driving I can honestly say I have NEVER had a column shift auto fail. maybe in another 50 years I'd consider it.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I'm digging the new design. I kind of like the column shifter that's in the current model though, was not a fan of the dial in my 1500. 8 speed is a huge plus though. I like the new fair lead without the rollers, which means synthetic line which is awesome. Doesn't make me want to run out in trade in my 2017 though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They lost me with the dial shifter....won't do it. Thank goodness I got my '18PW when I did. I like invention and innovation, but there is absolutely no reason why they should force a dial shifter on us. It's the reason I wouldn't buy a 1500 RAM. There is such a thing as "too much" and the dial shifter is just that. It is a critical piece that if it breaks you are done...in my 50 years of driving I can honestly say I have NEVER had a column shift auto fail. maybe in another 50 years I'd consider it.

My gosh, a knob shifter would kill the deal eh? Did you say that back in the day when they switched from lock-outs to a CAD? Just because you have a lever for 4wd doesn't mean there are no electronic involved with that too... if the CAD doesnt work then you have no 4wd. Hell, if an ABS speed sensor goes out, you have no 4wd. IMO, there is WAAAAYYYYYY to much electronics in virtually every part of the vehicle to worry about some twist knob shifter not working... it could happen to just about anything. Your damn throttle is all electronic, no wire at all... what if that "quits"? Or the push button start feature... It just goes on and on. If you dont want to rely on electronics, gonna have to get yourself a pre 80's rig.

I dont mind the twist knob in my 1500 at all. I actually like it. The only thing that gets tricky is jumping back and forth between that and the power wagon and it can get a bit confusing at times. I have literally reached up an grabbed my locker switch to change gears before.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I realize there are a lot of electronics in the truck, but this was to me a totally unnecessary and not needed change. Of course, this is my opinion and yes, it would make me never buy a new RAM again if all I ever get is a dial shifter. We all have our likes and dislikes, this one is mine. It's a shame, if I wanted more "car" features I would have bought a car...oh...wait...I DID do that! Purchased an 18 Challenger, and it doesn't have a dial shifter!!!! I want to know who the special snowflake is that thinks big trucks need girly dials instead of nice old fashioned either on the console or on the wheel column shifts!

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I wonder if they will do 4.10 gears with the 8 speed or go back to 4.56

I wish I could afford to upgrade!

The write ups I’ve seen all say it’s sticking with 4.10s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought for sure they would put the dual exhaust tips out back like the 1500s. I hate that stupid looking exhaust on pw with the resonator hanging over rear axle.

And the fact that its QUIET AS ****!!!! My half ton sounds fabulous, then I get in my power wagon and almost cant hear the damn thing!

PatinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like this new truck. I had a '19 1500 loaner for a few days while my 16 PW was getting recalls done. I got used to the dial shifter fairly quickly. The 8-speed was seamless a pleasure to drive. I know nothing of the mechanics of this new 8-speed, but do any of the other Dodge/FCA car/truck offerings with the 8-speed have a column shift or are they all dials? I suspect this new tranny doesn't have any external linkages. But that's just a guess.

I see the Rear, Front/Rear axle button and sway bar button, but what's with that axle but with a lock icon?

The other thing I liked about my '19 loaner was the headlights. They were better than my current ones. It's a nice update all around. I'd skip on the ram boxes as I like bed tool boxes.

I could see trading in my '16 for one in the future. Only problem is now that my truck is nearing 3 years of great ownership, I'm over worrying about scratches and dings and taking it more places than I would if it were brand new. Have to say I'm enjoying more now more than ever!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like this new truck. I had a '19 1500 loaner for a few days while my 16 PW was getting recalls done. I got used to the dial shifter fairly quickly. The 8-speed was seamless a pleasure to drive. I know nothing of the mechanics of this new 8-speed, but do any of the other Dodge/FCA car/truck offerings with the 8-speed have a column shift or are they all dials? I suspect this new tranny doesn't have any external linkages. But that's just a guess.

I see the Rear, Front/Rear axle button and sway bar button, but what's with that axle but with a lock icon?

The other thing I liked about my '19 loaner was the headlights. They were better than my current ones. It's a nice update all around. I'd skip on the ram boxes as I like bed tool boxes.

I could see trading in my '16 for one in the future. Only problem is now that my truck is nearing 3 years of great ownership, I'm over worrying about scratches and dings and taking it more places than I would if it were brand new. Have to say I'm enjoying more now more than ever!

That is the button to unlock the lockers.

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty lazy on RAM’ a part not introducing a new wheel...

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are they going to make these in the USA or continue production in Mexico?

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Are they going to make these in the USA or continue production in Mexico?

The 2019s will be built in Saltillo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB1

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
The 2019 Power Wagon front end is 7 millimeters higher than the 2018.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca