19 Wagon Revealed Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to the Houston auto show this weekend, if they have a PW or HD I'll be glad to take a pic of anything special on the trucks if anyone wants, maybe something not shown clearly on the reviews etc.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The shifter isn't a big deal as long as the connections are good. What kind of wheeling do you guys do yo break electrical connections with a clip. Cant say I have ever done that, I have had jeeps, 2 power wagons, ram 1500s....the dial is whatever not a big deal. I dont try to ramp my truck like the clown on youtube who broke his back and destroyed his raptor....I think some folks get to hung up living in the past....I'd give it a shot. I like the new front end and infotainment center. Not enough to trade up. I think they need to make a pwagon with 35s and a few other mods such as purple cranium diff protection, dethloff skid plates etc...I think this is a progression of technology. I'm sure the 8speed also helps with the mpgs

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
To clarify what difference does it make, I shift into gear and go....the damn shifter sticks sometimes also. Only shift to neutral when going to 4l so I guess no difference to me

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I never stated or even intended to imply otherwise that the dial shifter isn't on the 2019 PW. The link of the article is about the FCA rotary dial shifter and the criticism of it from Consumer Reports and FCA US's response to the criticism. Consumer Reports even goes as far as to deduct their point ratings of vehicles which have it on 3 Chrysler models. Short article to read.

I have no opinions on Consumer Reports, FCA US, or the rotary dial shifter. I have used rotary dial shifters in FCA vehicles.

My posting of the bringing back the push button shifter was humor.

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
But the 2019 does. ????? It's just as capable as the prior years. Even more so with the lower crawl speed with the 8 speed. Adding luxury items though doesn't make it any more capable.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
But the 2019 does. ????? It's just as capable as the prior years. Even more so with the lower crawl speed with the 8 speed. Adding luxury items though doesn't make it any more capable.

True. But the luxury items dont make it less capable either. They are all just as capable.

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I tell ya, if I’d had known even as much as I love my truck, I would have waited for the 8 speed. I have seen how it completely changed the JL and if that’s any indication, it will be a game changer on this truck too.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tell ya, if I’d had known even as much as I love my truck, I would have waited for the 8 speed. I have seen how it completely changed the JL and if that’s any indication, it will be a game changer on this truck too.

It most certainly will. I switch back and forth between my half ton work truck with the 8 speed and my power wagon. The wagon is a complete **** in comparison.

While the 8 speed might not completely wake the pw up like the lighter half ton, I am fully convinced it will make it waaaaaaayyyyyyy better.

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
A little off topic but I can’t believe how big the new Gladiator Jeep is. The PW is only 19” longer and the wheelbase is only a little over 11” longer. That’s kinda crazy. Anyway..... just thought that was a cool comparison.

DVC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little off topic but I can’t believe how big the new Gladiator Jeep is. The PW is only 19” longer and the wheelbase is only a little over 11” longer. That’s kinda crazy. Anyway..... just thought that was a cool comparison.
Interesting... I wonder how much the difference in width is

DVC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a huge amount, but considerable...

Slightly OT, but has anyone cross-shopped anything a bit smaller, like maybe a Colorado ZR2? Really not a fan of Chevy, but the slightly smaller package is interesting.

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not a huge amount, but considerable...

Slightly OT, but has anyone cross-shopped anything a bit smaller, like maybe a Colorado ZR2? Really not a fan of Chevy, but the slightly smaller package is interesting.
Not really a fan but I’m sure it’s a great little truck. I’m a bit biased toward solid axles.

Reactions: DVC