19 Wagon Revealed Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually prefer the dial shifter, much more convenient. And after 50 years of driving pickups I like my 17 Ignition Orange Sport 4X4 Crew the best of all I've had. Enjoy, these are all great trucks, period.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I realize there are a lot of electronics in the truck, but this was to me a totally unnecessary and not needed change. Of course, this is my opinion and yes, it would make me never buy a new RAM again if all I ever get is a dial shifter. We all have our likes and dislikes, this one is mine. It's a shame, if I wanted more "car" features I would have bought a car...oh...wait...I DID do that! Purchased an 18 Challenger, and it doesn't have a dial shifter!!!! I want to know who the special snowflake is that thinks big trucks need girly dials instead of nice old fashioned either on the console or on the wheel column shifts!
You know that the Challenger shifter is fully electronic too, right? There is no linkage between it and the transmission. The ZF 8 speeds are fully electronic and the shifters are nothing more than buttons in different shapes and forms.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
If only the diesel engine was an option.
I also wished they had an off-road pkg for the 1500.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score

The diesel engine option would once again lower the Power Wagon front end by 1/4" (7 mm) or even more!

Last edited:

jgrady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Why 4 doors! I will not buy a 4 door truck. A Suburban with a bed? No thanks.
See lightning etc. we needa real sport truck, not a utuilty company service vehicle with nice paint and decals.

Bring back the good looking Dakota witha 426 ...

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I'm hoping that now an 8-speed HD trans will be available for a swap into a 4 gen HD truck, aka my '16 Wagon. Will a bolt-on 8-speed solution be a reality sometime in the next year or so?
I'm mostly happy with my 6-speed but I've read so many good things about an 8 that I figure several hundred thousand RAM 1500 owners can't be wrong, I might as well give it a look.

2016 RAM 2500 pw | 392ci w 6spd | CAI w ARH long tubes & Solo | Diablo T2 w HF tune | 5.13 AAM w 35" Mickey MTs | Custom Graphics w illegal tint | Dodge Off-Road

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I believe the 6.7 can’t fit the winch on the front. The oil pan is lower also and the extra weight. Do t think there will be a wagon with a 6.7. Unless you build one lol.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I could get over the dial shifter if the vehicle was a street truck, you basically set it and forget it....but offroad? I just don't see using a dial when trying to rock your truck out of mud, OR when looking backwards trying to negotiate an obsticle to try and reach the dial.....if you need to..especially if it is on the dash. And if you get in a stressful situation I wonder how well the dial will hold up when your adrenaline is going and you shift it HARD back and forth?
Like I said before, I'm willing to bet the special snowflake who decided to put the dial in the Power Wagon never drove on anything but pavement. That plastic dial can't hold up to off-road use very long...I would need to see it in action and I wouldn't plunk down another $60k unless it was proven. Either it will fail often...and they will do away with it, or it could work...which I doubt right now, but would take a few years of customers being the guinea pigs and actually using the vehicle as it was intended...but I guess anything is possible I suppose.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I could get over the dial shifter if the vehicle was a street truck, you basically set it and forget it....but offroad? I just don't see using a dial when trying to rock your truck out of mud, OR when looking backwards trying to negotiate an obsticle to try and reach the dial.....if you need to..especially if it is on the dash. And if you get in a stressful situation I wonder how well the dial will hold up when your adrenaline is going and you shift it HARD back and forth?
Like I said before, I'm willing to bet the special snowflake who decided to put the dial in the Power Wagon never drove on anything but pavement. That plastic dial can't hold up to off-road use very long...I would need to see it in action and I wouldn't plunk down another $60k unless it was proven. Either it will fail often...and they will do away with it, or it could work...which I doubt right now, but would take a few years of customers being the guinea pigs and actually using the vehicle as it was intended...but I guess anything is possible I suppose.
lol. It’s been out since 2014 in rams. I don't love it. But I dang sure can’t say it would stop my from buying one with it. But I do love to see people call it a snowflake option and then turn around and act like a snowflake cause they don’t like it :banana-mario:

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Bring back the Dodge push button automatic transmission! Heck, after driving my son's 6 speed manual 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins for two weeks, I hopped in my old pickup with a 5 speed manual and kept wanting to put it from 5th gear into 6th which is actually marked as R for Race.

DSC_0080.jpg

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
lol. It’s been out since 2014 in rams. I don't love it. But I dang sure can’t say it would stop my from buying one with it. But I do love to see people call it a snowflake option and then turn around and act like a snowflake cause they don’t like it :banana-mario:

Meh, it's a 1500....they don't count! Real men drive 2500's!:head3:
Besides, I've driven a RAM with the dial shift as a loaner, shifting feels like I'm changing a radio station...and the knob feels about as sturdy as a radio tuner as well!

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why 4 doors! I will not buy a 4 door truck. A Suburban with a bed? No thanks.
See lightning etc. we needa real sport truck, not a utuilty company service vehicle with nice paint and decals.

Bring back the good looking Dakota witha 426 ...

They made a good-looking Dakota?

Sorry, brother, couldn't resist!

TXCOMT

Grand Mesa

Reaction score

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Meh, it's a 1500....they don't count! Real men drive 2500's!:head3:
Besides, I've driven a RAM with the dial shift as a loaner, shifting feels like I'm changing a radio station...and the knob feels about as sturdy as a radio tuner as well!

Actually.....Real men drive whatever they want to because they are not so insecure as to depend on their vehicle to prove they're a man.