2/4 Bell Tech Crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MitchD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just received my Bell Tech 2/4 kit with street performance shocks, IHR rear no cut brackets and Air lift rear helper bags. My question is......is there anything else I should purchase before I get into this? I’ve seen mention of f150 end links. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
I’m also having issues locating any direct replacement aftermarket(energy suspension, etc) polyurethane bushings for anything on the front or rear suspension.

Thanks

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Retain front factory shocks, the SP shocks up front are too soft for that heavy Hemi, lowered my RC 2011 with a BT 2/4, ended up swapping the factory shocks back up front.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Retain front factory shocks, the SP shocks up front are too soft for that heavy Hemi, lowered my RC 2011 with a BT 2/4, ended up swapping the factory shocks back up front.

Did you have any high speed vibration from the pinion angle changing?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
No sir, but mine was a RC truck.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im using the 2/4 drop with the nitro drop shocks. Were on it when I got it. So the factory front shocks work better than those too? I've been considering the Viking shocks but man those are expensive

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Im using the 2/4 drop with the nitro drop shocks. Were on it when I got it. So the factory front shocks work better than those too? I've been considering the Viking shocks but man those are expensive
yup, the factory rode WAY better!

Ramcharger60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 crew cab sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder what it would be like if I put factory shocks up front and set of Vikings in the rear?
That is the setup I am running now. Will be buying the Vikings for the front soon. I like the adjustability to dial in the ride. The front is not firm enough for me with factory front shocks

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

6speed4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is the setup I am running now. Will be buying the Vikings for the front soon. I like the adjustability to dial in the ride. The front is not firm enough for me with factory front shocks

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I absolutely agree
I’ve got the stock shocks up front and single-adjustable Rancho’s on the back
Definitely a smooth ride
Street Performers up front were way more mushy than stock
Previously I had single-adjustable QA1’s, set at 5- front and back- way firmer, performance oriented ride with very little bounce
Prefer the adjustability of the firmer front as well
Depends what the OP is looking for...

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hellwig rear sway bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk