2 Q’s: Best dealer in Northeast? Off Road Package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyRam76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I’m looking to order a 1500 limited with most options but especially the Off Road Package. I’ve done dealer searches and from Rams build site and seems no one has one with the ORP.

1st question, I’m willing to go up to 300 miles to find or order a limited, obviously looking for a great deal with the best discount. Any suggestions? I live in Westchester County NY. I’ve priced out the truck on Ram’s site. $71,495, would like to pay $60k.

2nd. I have searched high and low to find a limited with the off road package and seems no dealer has one on the lot, why? I still haven’t even seen a picture of one with the ORP. Any reason not to get it? We have a house in upstate NY, heavy snow in winter, some minor off roading. But in general I prefer the more aggressive tires and look. Am I crazy to order the ORP?

thanks to all

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just build it on the website then email it to any dealers you're willing to travel to and see what they will charge. You may be surprised in a good way.

Red

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not sure why your local dealers have any on their lots, but there are plenty around here. It's probably because most people in your area who want a limited are not interested in taking their $70k truck off road. That's definitely not the case where I live. Try expanding your search, and consider flying somewhere farther away and driving it back. You can often find some great deals that way, and many dealers will pick you up from the airport.

Another option would be to order one from your local dealer. That way you will get what you want, and not pay for options you don't want. Are you in a hurry to get a truck, or can you wait for a few weeks?

seadog1272

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 ETorque
Here are some pictures of a limited with the off road package. The only option it doesn't have is the sunroof.

20181018_163938.jpg

20181018_163918.jpg

20181018_164016.jpg

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I’m looking to order a 1500 limited with most options but especially the Off Road Package. I’ve done dealer searches and from Rams build site and seems no one has one with the ORP.

1st question, I’m willing to go up to 300 miles to find or order a limited, obviously looking for a great deal with the best discount. Any suggestions? I live in Westchester County NY. I’ve priced out the truck on Ram’s site. $71,495, would like to pay $60k.

2nd. I have searched high and low to find a limited with the off road package and seems no dealer has one on the lot, why? I still haven’t even seen a picture of one with the ORP. Any reason not to get it? We have a house in upstate NY, heavy snow in winter, some minor off roading. But in general I prefer the more aggressive tires and look. Am I crazy to order the ORP?

thanks to all

I factory-ordered a Laramie and opted for the off road group. Not really gonna take it off road, but will be towing my wifes jeep to places to take IT off road, and wanted the safety incase the drop off spots are a 'little bit" off-road-ish. That, and the skid plates, again only "just in case", not really intending to use the truck in a fashion where i really need it.

a nice side effect of having the ORG is the stiffer shocks and my buddy got a Laramie night edition(?)(blacked out? whatever they call it) and side-by-side mine is at least a half inch taller if not a full inch.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
If the dealers in my area do not have what I want, I don't buy from them. If I am paying as much as I am paying for a RAM. I will get EXACTLY what I want wherever it may be. Yes it takes me some time to find them but most dealers are to lazy to do it for me or I would have bought in Jeffersonville IN (plus their salesman was a TOTAL moron) or Louisville KY. My 1st 19 Classic was 787 miles from me. I flew out, bought it,and drove it home. When it got totaled . I bought my 2nd Classic 256 miles away. I will not compromise plus it is kinda fun to take a unplanned journey once and awhile and come home with a NICE NEW RAM.

arthur dwyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi e-torque
my limited does not have the org but came with skid plates-heavy duty shocks-it has 4 corner air ride-i am liking it so far!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the dealers in my area do not have what I want, I don't buy from them. If I am paying as much as I am paying for a RAM. I will get EXACTLY what I want wherever it may be. Yes it takes me some time to find them but most dealers are to lazy to do it for me or I would have bought in Jeffersonville IN (plus their salesman was a TOTAL moron) or Louisville KY. My 1st 19 Classic was 787 miles from me. I flew out, bought it,and drove it home. When it got totaled . I bought my 2nd Classic 256 miles away. I will not compromise plus it is kinda fun to take a unplanned journey once and awhile and come home with a NICE NEW RAM.

Did this for my G37. I wanted the Limited Edition, for which any dealer that actually got an allocation basically got 2 of them (500 total, 250 AWD and 250 RWD, each of those 250 split for sedan, coupe and convertible). The dealer nearest me wanted like 3K more than a dealer near my parents in Richmond VA.

Made the deal over the phone, took the train down to see my parents and stayed with them overnight, drove my G37 back the next day.

Saved 3K on the car, train ticket cost me 120 for business class. Saved a lot of money, saw my parents and got to drive my new car 500 miles home with no disturbance (read as: no wife and kids)

renfrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want the BEST deal call lee brown Baxter cdjr. Google him. He will HOOK YOU UP. tell my screen name and you won’t be disappointed. He’ll take your trade and deliver your truck.
Trust me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk