2 stupid ?s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meistermash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do you know which @!%&^%$ transmission you have?
I couldn't read the @!&^%**!!!! dot matrix on the side.
It's a 01 with a 318 4wdrive. 1/2 ton short box. Regular cab.
:slap:
And, what sort of glue will stick to these pathetically engineered plastic dashes?
:(

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not good with identifying transmissions.

But about the only 'glue' that'll even start to work is a Plastic Weld Epoxy.
If you can, scuff the area with aggressive sand paper too.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, is it an auto or manual?

Auto trucks were the 46RE and manual were the NV3500.

OP
OP
M

meistermash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Auto matic. :)
Well, I guess tomorrow I'll be looking up that info on doing the bands on a 46re tranny. I did change the filter and tranny earl. Hope the specs are close for doing the bands.
That is, I used the wrong specs then.
:(
For the dash, I'm just trying to keep it from getting worse. It doesn't have big pieces missing like some folks' do. Just cracked in 3 or 4 places.
Thanks.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Just throw a dashmat on it and forget about it. Glue ain't going to do anything. Once it starts there ain't no stopping it. Mines cracked in two places but a mat, sunshade, and tint is keeping it from completely falling apart. Still slowly getting worse. Save up for a replacement.

OP
OP
M

meistermash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, lol I did use the right specs so I'm good.
Found out I have been running the thing with not enough fluid/checking it the wrong way. :idiot:
So today, after I know what the level is after checking it right, I'm going to go out and engrave a line on the dip stick where the level is after it has been sitting over night.
And I found out really what my problem was. I needed to adjust the kick down cable.
But it did need the filter and fluid changed in a bad way. It smelled all fruity. Changed the transfer case earl too.
The rear end was starting to push fluid out of the seals. I found out that the shop I had do the tires, put the spare back real nice, but the spare had pinched off the vent line for the rear end.
So watch that if you replace the spare tire.