2003 2500 Dodge Cummins code P2146 & P2149

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon Spears

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I need to know what causes these codes to come up. It always happens when it is below 45 degrees and I just jump in the truck & go. When I accelerate to get on the freeway it pops & bucks sets the code. Then I coast to the side & after giving it a minute & let the go out it cranks up & runs fine. I have to reset the code to make the engine light to go out. Thanks for your Input

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You have a failing injector, and what I can find is most people that get these codes have an Edge Juice with Attitude.

Also the wiring to the injectors may be chafed.

Get a new valve cover gasket and check the injector wiring. If you have the EJWA, reset to stock tuning and take it off to isolate the injector harness.

My guess is you have a chafed injector wiring harness one 1 or more injectors.

OP
OP
J

Jon Spears

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
IT only does it when ever it is cold. I do have a edge juice with attitude. I have also had a problem with my gauge cluster when I have it plugged in it dings and the gauges go down & back up. Thanks for the info.