2007 Ram 1500 5.7 Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjm_509

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 2007 Ram 1500 5.7 awhile back. It came with factory fog lights, but they have been removed. I plan to install new ones, but apparently the previous owner removed even the wiring. I'm no mechanic, so forgive me if I sound stupid....but where do I attach the other end of the wiring harness?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a 2007 Ram 1500 5.7 awhile back. It came with factory fog lights, but they have been removed. I plan to install new ones, but apparently the previous owner removed even the wiring. I'm no mechanic, so forgive me if I sound stupid....but where do I attach the other end of the wiring harness?
Are you sure they removed the wiring or just tied it up somewhere? I mean, I could see somebody doing that if they just really did not like fog lights but I think that’s just highly unlikely but if it turns out they actually did remove the wiring, if I was going to try to put new wiring in and reconnect it back to the factory location I would pull the headlights out because I’m almost 100% sure that the wiring that goes to the fog lights is taped to the wiring that goes to the back of the headlights and being that only about 10 or 12 inches of that wiring harness on both sides is all you can see that goes to the headlights, that’s probably going to be the most likely place where they would cut the wire, I would think.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doesn’t the wiring harness for the fog come from driver’s side by headlights down and run across the front to the passenger side? They that wiring harness on eBay.