2011 into 2017 headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miguel smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2011 ram 1500 And just bought a pair 2017 headlights great deal couldn’t past it up. The headlights fit perfect. Wires don’t match up. What wire harness can I buy to use these headlights? Please help!

ottbighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
There are 3 distinct different headlight in the 4th gens. What did you have and what do you want to go to? I assume you have gone from either a dual beam or a quad beam to the projectors? If that’s the case you need and adaptor harness which is easily obtained from Jeremy at Retro shop, a forum sponsor

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
09-18 wiring connectors all all the same if you have dual or quad headlights. Only difference is in 2013+ they changed the color of the connectors and added the projector headlights which have a different connector. The wiring in the headlights is the only difference.

Can you take a pic of the truck's connectors?

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Last edited:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
09-18 wiring connectors all all the same if you have dual or quay headlights. Only difference is in 2013+ they changed the color of the connectors and added the projector headlights which have a different connector. The wiring in the headlights is the only difference.

Can you take a pic of the truck's connectors?

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

What he said.

I have a 2012 and literally went from the headlights you had to the headlights you just bought. The connector is identical. I don’t understand how it doesn’t fit.

Also the turn signal bulb socket should fit, if not, use the one that came on the new headlights and just use your trucks plug that plugs into the round bulb base.

2012 Ram RCSB 5.7: R/T Replica (in progress) | Mufflex DOD-M80 Y-Pipe Muffler Delete | K&N Intake | Pedal Commander | AlphaRex V1 Headlights | Innovited 35w 6000k HID Low Beam | Katana LED High Beam | MicTuning LED Fog Bulbs | Opt7 LED Tailgate Strip | All Black & Red Badges | Custom Hood & Bed Side Vinyl Graphics | Custom Fire HD 8” Tablet Radio | Alpha OBD w/ Mx+... [Coming Soon: AlphaRex Custom RGB Headlight Build | Katzkins Leather Reupholster + Custom Wrapped Door Panels & lots more]

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
The harness from the truck to the headlight harness should plug in, it's a H13 plug. I have a set of turn signal sockets if need be.

OP
OP
Miguel smith

Miguel smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you guys for your response I got it connected just fine! The shop that did my hids hide all the wires so after some digging I found the factory harness and it was zipped tie to the frame hang below

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thank you guys for your response I got it connected just fine! The shop that did my hids hide all the wires so after some digging I found the factory harness and it was zipped tie to the frame hang below

Sounds like the shop that did your HID’s wasn’t very bright

2012 Ram RCSB 5.7: R/T Replica (in progress) | Mufflex DOD-M80 Y-Pipe Muffler Delete | K&N Intake | Pedal Commander | AlphaRex V1 Headlights | Innovited 35w 6000k HID Low Beam | Katana LED High Beam | MicTuning LED Fog Bulbs | Opt7 LED Tailgate Strip | All Black & Red Badges | Custom Hood & Bed Side Vinyl Graphics | Custom Fire HD 8” Tablet Radio | Alpha OBD w/ Mx+... [Coming Soon: AlphaRex Custom RGB Headlight Build | Katzkins Leather Reupholster + Custom Wrapped Door Panels & lots more]