2011 Ram Aftermarket Radio Suggestions To replace Stock Radio.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2011 ram big horn my stock radio bit the dust so I now have a excuse to get a aftermarket radio preferably one with navigation. I do not need a top of line the big money unit ofc but need something decent there are so many out there. I am looking for something that will fit in my 2011 lmk what you guys have used and what all is involved.

Thanks.

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone? lol

DAK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which stock radio do you have? Go to Crutchfield for aftermarket radios.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Get yourself a nice kenwood excelon. Get one that has android auto / crApple carply, don't waste money on navigation that needs to be updated every year for big $$. When connecting your smart phone, you can use google maps/Waze and they are updated constantly for free.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DAK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed get radio w/o nav. less $$ and get a Garmin (lifetime updates) less $, and you won't be using phone data for maps.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed get radio w/o nav. less $$ and get a Garmin (lifetime updates) less $, and you won't be using phone data for maps.
If you use google maps, you can actually cache the maps so you're not using any data, and is what we all do on our shared plan using wifi at home.

For Garmin though, I have one too because we agreed a front camera was really useful for how big the hood is. This 7" one actually has a really great screen, the voice commands are not bad, and the wireless BC40 camera has never failed to connect and is OK quality: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RR166P1?pf_rd_r=ZA4GW0F184T68ED5PZ5A

That said, I recommend you buy this, install it, and be available afterwards to walk me through installing mine. Thanks! :p "Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Heck, there might be people that have upgraded that have the 7" screen uconnect that could sell you their old takeoff if you wanted a plug and play factory unit. I'll be tossing mine when I finally upgrade to the 12.1" screen one.

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
Just put a Pioneer AVH-601EX in my 2011. I used the idatalink maestro rr and ch-1 wiring kit and interface. Couldn't be happier and with the new kicker DS series 6x9 in all 4 doors it is amazing. You do have to do some minimal cutting inside your dash but I used a Dremel and it works fine. Trying to remember what I paid...around $270 for the Pioneer, $130 for the idatalink kit (both the interface and wiring harness came as a kit), scowered the internet and found the kickers for roughly $50 per pair and BTW they fit right in your doors with no modification needed, $15 for the SiriusXM adapter, $10 for the radio adapter. So all said I have a little over $500 invested and it will blow you away. If you heard it you would swear I have subs installed but I don't and the Pioneer has all the features you could want. I'll have to try to get a pic or two.....looks factory with the Metora dash kit I forget to mention for around $12. Found all of it on eBay. Hope this helps. Now if someone could point me in the right direction for my little electrical gremlin (totally unrelated to the stereo)

Dodgeguy101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, this radio deal works with your backup camera and anything else the stock radio has in it? I to have a 2011, radio works, but the touchscreen works when it wants too. Can change stations by voice command.

BobbieAnn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
2011 ram big horn my stock radio bit the dust so I now have a excuse to get a aftermarket radio preferably one with navigation. I do not need a top of line the big money unit ofc but need something decent there are so many out there. I am looking for something that will fit in my 2011 lmk what you guys have used and what all is involved.

Thanks.

BobbieAnn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_104BN965BL/.html
I put this Boss unit in my 2011. I specifically wanted something affordable 20200629_091137.jpg 20200629_091137.jpg with a backup camera, bluetooth and navigation which my truck didn't have. I used my existing speakers. I have been happy with it. I bought from Crutchfield because they have excellent customer support for installation and parts specific to vehicle.
Heads up though. After you remove the dash you will have to trim the steel frame to fit the unit in the opening. I think I would have had to do with any unit I would have bought. With bezel/trim it fits perfectly.

OP
OP
jws123

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_104BN965BL/.html
I put this Boss unit in my 2011. I specifically wanted something affordable View attachment 213571 View attachment 213571 with a backup camera, bluetooth and navigation which my truck didn't have. I used my existing speakers. I have been happy with it. I bought from Crutchfield because they have excellent customer support for installation and parts specific to vehicle.
Heads up though. After you remove the dash you will have to trim the steel frame to fit the unit in the opening. I think I would have had to do with any unit I would have bought. With bezel/trim it fits perfectly.

Looks like a decent deal tbh will look into it thanks.

NJ_TN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I bought the Alpine ILX-W650 from Crutchfield. I haven’t installed it yet because it doesn’t arrive until tomorrow. Once I install it I will upload pics. Ran me a little over $300 with the dash kit, harnesses, and all. I don’t have steering wheel controls or backup camera. So I’m not concerned about losing those features.

Ervin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are doing it yourself, you could buy a mygig 430 with navigation. This is what it would have from the factory. That way you just remove the plugs from your radio and plug in the mygig with no problems. If you have a back up camera, you will need a $15 adapter to plug it into, then program it to accept the camera. It also has a DVD player in it. Probably will cost you a few hundred less than after market. When I had my 98, I put an aftermarket nav unit for a little less than 1 grand. The 430 should cost you somewhere in the $300 - $500 range on ebay, plenty of them there.