2012 Crew Cab rust on Wheel Well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same as many others, although I hit a rock so its rusting from the outside instead of inside out.. I've been to 7 shops and no one wants to cut off the piece and weld on the patch plate. Anyone know of a shop in MA anywhere that will do it? I only have 80k on the truck and own it outright so really want to keep it for awhile and I HATE the way flares look on these trucks compared to no flares. If anyone can help or knows a shop let me know!
Thx!

DustanT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 24v cummins
A patch takes more work and filler and costs about the same as a new skin. I cut my small rust spot out and primed and painted then added flares. The flares were on my list anyway to slow the road slop from flinging down the sides with my new tires.

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A patch takes more work and filler and costs about the same as a new skin. I cut my small rust spot out and primed and painted then added flares. The flares were on my list anyway to slow the road slop from flinging down the sides with my new tires.

So a whole new panel is 425 on sale right now not painted.... any body shop that would do that??

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or, anyone have luck with replacing a bed? I found one on CL for 2k

DustanT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 24v cummins
Body shops order their own panels in unless you've talked to one and have an agreement to bring a panel in but they probably get better shipping prices than we can.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
How about a picture of the rust?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Panel replace and repaint ... Talent and craftsmanship are all but gone as the new generations want nothing to do with the trades ... They are all sure they can make a million sitting at a computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a screwdriver ........ "Now you are a technician" No skill required / No one prides their work everyone is out for max profit and no reputation. I make my guys leave their cell phones in the truck and they know if its not done right they will do it again on their time. Scary generation coming up be careful you don't want to hurt their fellings