2013 Ram, dealer does recalls and loses communication

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky32354

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took my Ram in for an oil change and tire rotation and also do the recalls. Halfway through the flash he loses communication with all the other modules. Every now and then it all comes back up and he can finish a flash. Goes to do the next one and it all happens again. Tech has been working on it all day, under dash has been torn apart looking for bad wiring. Now I think they are going to try to find a reason to blame it on me.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
relax op its common

there is a new flash for 14-16 ecodiesels, if you believe it or not customers are driving off the lot with the new flash unknowingly partially installed

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is there any aftermarket items(remote start, alarm/GPS, power steps, etc) plugged into the OBD port or wired into the CANbus?

OP
OP
S

spanky32354

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Negative. It's stock and has been running just fine.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
relax op its common

there is a new flash for 14-16 ecodiesels, if you believe it or not customers are driving off the lot with the new flash unknowingly partially installed

+1. Relax OP, if you are stock like you stated, you'll be fine. If they try to blame you for something, come back here and let us know, we'll provide advise (which probably be "take it to a different dealership").