2014 Ram 1500 Fan issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dangerous dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pulled my moter at 120 K new lifters cam valve job and mds delete refreshened torque converter
and new water pump
so when i cold start the truck thairs a loud fan noise and the mechanical fan is spinning
I dont remember that befor the motor work
i had the altenator checked at a local auto eletric shop and it is fine
I thought about pulling off the fan belt to see if the noise goes away
Should the fan spin in cold start ?
Note after the truck reaches normal operating temp sound is gone ??
Any Ideas??

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Fan will always spin,even if the trucks cold.When the trucks shut off,grab the fan and spin and wiggle it,there should be some drag on it,even cold,but if it wiggles or moves up/down etc.,you might be due for a new mechanical fan.You might get more help if you posted this in the 4th Gen section,as the 5th Gens don't use a mechanical fan.

OP
OP
D

dangerous dave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pulled my moter at 120 K new lifters cam valve job and mds delete refreshened torque converter
and new water pump
so when i cold start the truck thairs a loud fan noise and the mechanical fan is spinning
I dont remember that befor the motor work
i had the altenator checked at a local auto eletric shop and it is fine
I thought about pulling off the fan belt to see if the noise goes away
Should the fan spin in cold start ?
Note after the truck reaches normal operating temp sound is gone ??
Any Ideas??
So i pulled off the surpentine belt and lifted the truck up on the lift ..the sound seems to be coming from the oil pan
I didnt replace the oil pump but pulled the pan to check for any debres from the bad lifter and thair wasent any..
Not sure what it could be ?
Any advise ??