2014 Ram Sport CC Rear ended last night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Glad you weren't hurt. Like Postaltwo said, going the nice route for something like this will likely just get you screwed in the end. go thru your insurance and get EVERYTHING checked. Twice.

I don't want to be a negative nelly but if your hitch moved, I'd be extra thorough on the inspection. I put a class 5 curt hitch on my '14 and that attaches to the bolt-on cross member AND the frame. Having to wrestle around under the truck, I got a good look at the structure. If you have the Mopar hitch, it attaches to the rear bolt-on cross member. That thing is a serious chunk of metal. And the only way your hitch would move is if that thing moves or is bent. the way it's attached, it really looks like the frame has to bend for either to happen.

incidentally, the reason I'm in a new '14 ram is because a flippant kid in a mini-truck, no seat belt, 4 bald tires, in the rain hit me head on in September totaling my Tundra. He was knocked into his passenger side seat but surprisingly walked away with only a knot in his head. It might just be my age, but drivers these days sure seem really sh!tty.

good luck with everything and merry Christmas!

OP
OP
C

cbarnha3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still having trouble getting in touch with the agent in charge of the boy who hit my truck. Talked to my body guy and he said by law they have to replace my hitch and that he'd give it a thorough look over. He also assured me that I will get deminished value added on to my check. I spoke with a friend of mine who is an agent and she said just be persistent and the insurance will payout for deminished value. I'll update again when everything is done

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't even bother calling his agent. Last time I got in a accident I just called my insurance agent and they took care of everything. Cut me a check to get it fixed and then I got one from my lawyer for my pain and suffering. But my insurance took care of dealing with their company for me. Some of these companies are cheap and are harder to deal with so I just had mine come out we walked my Trailblazer and they gave me a check for the parts and the aftermarket grill billet grill and Chevy emblem. I work in the buisness so I had a friend with a nicer paint booth than what we have paint it for me. East bad after I picked up my own parts and installed everything I ended up pocketing over half the money.

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is why I am glad I have a garage for my Trans Am so they can only hit one vehicle in my apt lot. I feel bad he got both your cars. If that was me I probably would have been in jail for beating his drunk ass senseless. I would have got everyone's badge number also since they didn't want to do a sobriety check and arrest him or at least ticket him.

I feel for you, a drunk hit my brand new 14 limited last nite. I'll post pics of my pain too. If you were closer, we could drink our sorrows away with eggnog.

It was a cops kid and she hit my wife's brand new Acura too. Both cars parked. A perfect hit. No field sobriety tickets etc... Only 599 miles on the Acura, 4500 on the Ram.

Talking to insurance company about "diminished value" on both my vehicles.
Long story short I'll probably be out lots of cash when I get rid of the Acura.

Merry Christmas to all...Please drive sober!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
C

cbarnha3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well my body work guy quoted about 2800 in damage. 1200 of that was for backup sensors, wowwwww. But the kids insurance covered that and gave me 2k on top for dim value of my truck. So I'm ok with that

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
glad they got you taken care of to your satisfaction. So no major frame damage?

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hate reading this... My wife was hit in the church parking lot this past halloween. we were not in the vehicle. 16yo gal who hit us had state farm (as do we). I was in a good mood and didnt call the cops but got all of her information and photographs. Called my insurance agent the next morning and emailed the details. They took care of contacting her agent and we didnt lift a finger. Got to drop her van off to get fixed and got a rental car to go along with it.