2014 Ram Sport CC Rear ended last night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbarnha3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have had my truck since August of this year. Last night on the way home I saw brake lights in front of me on the interstate, so i slowed down to a complete stop without slamming on the brakes. Looked in my rear view and saw the guy behind me maybe could've stopped except he was rear ended and shot into me before I could move. I missed the car in front of me as I had a about 8 ft space from the time I stopped. I had my wheel turned to the left (in the left lane) when i saw I was gonna get hit. So the boy in charge of the damage gets out of his totaled jeep and says " I haven't even had my license 6 months" and laughs about it. I held back and made sure everyone else was ok. Now to the damage to my truck. I have a bent receiver, messed up bumper with sensors, and bent exhaust. is there anything else I should think of before I speak with the adjuster? I am long time family friends with a guy that owns a body shop, was gonna call him after holidays. My truck by the way is fully loaded crew cab (4wd, air ride, all the bells and whistles). I don't want to be paying 600 a month for a truck that is going to mess up on me a year down the road cause I didn't catch it now. Also I tow a 32' camper at least a dozen times a year, so I don't want that in someones yard if the reviver is faulty. Any advice please! I don't want to destroy the person on insurance but then again why shouldn't I? He was 100% at fault, and I have a brand new truck that I pay for and pay the insurance where as daddys boy was probably texting. I will put up pictures after the holidays when i have time to look under the truck

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Take him to the ******** cleaners..it was all his fault and now your brand new truck is damaged..run it through insurance and make sure everything gets taken care of properly.

Dont feel sorry for stupid.

danhorntx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If he acted like that after getting out of his car I'd take him to the cleaners too. This is one of my worst fears, some idiot not paying attention plowing into my truck. :(

Sorry this happened to you man.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
If I read it right the person that hit you was rear-ended and was pushed into you? Was it the kid that hit you or the person behind you that you are referring to? I think at that point the person that pushed the vehicle behind you into you is responsible.

Besides the hitch you'll need the bumper and most likely the brackets and probably the plastic step pad. It might be a good time to upgrade the exhaust. Depending on what the body shop gives you on a price for the bumper I've had great luck with replacement parts from rockauto.com a lot cheaper than oem. You might be able to save a few bucks.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cbarnha3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I mean I'm gonna get my truck completely fixed. Just looking for ideas so I don't pass over anything. I really don't even wanna have a wrecked 2014 and be paying monthly for it but I'm guessing it's not totaled. Unless the frame is bent

Sam22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel for you, a drunk hit my brand new 14 limited last nite. I'll post pics of my pain too. If you were closer, we could drink our sorrows away with eggnog.

It was a cops kid and she hit my wife's brand new Acura too. Both cars parked. A perfect hit. No field sobriety tickets etc... Only 599 miles on the Acura, 4500 on the Ram.

Talking to insurance company about "diminished value" on both my vehicles.
Long story short I'll probably be out lots of cash when I get rid of the Acura.

Merry Christmas to all...Please drive sober!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1419443545.139084.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1419443545.139084.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 329

Sam22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to steal this post...but it's Christmas. The "sharing" season!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
You could always see what you could get for a trade in on it. My wife had a 2011 jeep grand Cherokee and this spring was rear-ended by a college kid doing about 40 while stopped at a cross walk. Didn't total the Jeep but I didn't want her driving something that had been hit so we traded it in on a 2014 grand Cherokee. Granted we had it for about 3 years and were and had more than enough positive equity to cover the loss of trading in a vehicle with a accident.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cbarnha3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea the guy behind me wasn't completely stopped when he was hit and run into me. The young boy was in the last car. He was going about 55 when he hit the guy behind me and that guy was probably going 40 when he was hit. I was stopped

OP
OP
C

cbarnha3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear that sam22. I wanna throw up every time I look at My truck. To top it off my gf got me a bunch of stuff for my truck for Christmas. So I was looking foward to installing the stuff

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bring the truck to the body shop that you trust to inspect the truck with the adjuster.

The rear frames of these trucks are more sensitive than you would think. I would expect it will need straightening if the hitch has been moved.

Don't ask me how I know.

Last edited:

curtis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea the guy behind me wasn't completely stopped when he was hit and run into me. The young boy was in the last car. He was going about 55 when he hit the guy behind me and that guy was probably going 40 when he was hit. I was stopped

Cbamha3......check your state laws......As much as it may suck in some states the person behind you would be held responsible and cited for "following to close".....Yes I know it stupid....Due to this, if I were you and you can swing your deductible file with your insurance and let the insurance companies fight about whom was at fault

Sam22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cbarnha,
Enjoy the Holidays and don't think too much about it.
My wife is furious and I'm trying to be the calming factor.
It's only money and metal hopefully no blood. It can all be replaced.

Let me know what your insurance says.
I'll let you know what mine says about the diminished value.
State Farm here in Illinois.

PostalTwo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I've tried the nice route in accidents I always get screwed now I just put everything thru insurance, and get my truck fixed at a proper shop

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Yep, get them bad boys fixed fellas, and if you plan to keep them till the wheels fall off diminished value isn't a factor, so take pride in them toys! Get them fixed right all on someone else's time, after all it is the others fault.

Merry Christmas, and happy new year!

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
If the receiver hitch moved much I would be seriously worried about frame damage. Likely it can be straightened, but that is not really something you want, especially on a brand new rig :( Hope they get it all sorted out for you, and Merry Christmas!

I like the post above about the season of giving lol....

Joeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
You absolutely have to go through the insurance co. If the frame isn't bent you're fine. If it is the truck should be deemed totaled.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
For some reason i assumed he was in ny or that all the laws are the same everywhere or something :crazy:

But in ny it would be that kids fault..eventually all accident damage would end up on his insurance co. That rear piece that the hitch is welded to is also a bolted on frame piece im pretty sure so i dont think it could do much to the integrity of the frame...not sure though tbh..i got rear ended a couple years ago in my 2010 and the chick totaled her camry doing 30 into my motionless bumper and all i had was a dent in the bumper and a couple bent brackets..not too bad

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
As everyone else has stated turn to the insurance company. The silver lining is all damage from that accadent will be covered by the insurance company as long as you own the truck so no worrys about owing money on a improperly repaired truck. My two concerns would be the rear frame if you knowticably bent the hitch that could be ruff, and the diminished value. I'm not sure how it works were you live but you can take it anywhere to be repaired so don't settle for a cheep low cost shop get it fixed right by a creditable shop.

Glad you weren't hurt the important thing is no one was seriously injured. Try to have a good Christmas and deal with it later.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I feel for you, a drunk hit my brand new 14 limited last nite. I'll post pics of my pain too. If you were closer, we could drink our sorrows away with eggnog.

It was a cops kid and she hit my wife's brand new Acura too. Both cars parked. A perfect hit. No field sobriety tickets etc... Only 599 miles on the Acura, 4500 on the Ram.

Talking to insurance company about "diminished value" on both my vehicles.
Long story short I'll probably be out lots of cash when I get rid of the Acura.

Merry Christmas to all...Please drive sober!

Wow that is a shame a two fer sad the driver won't get what he deserves for driving drunk. Good luck and it sounds like you have the right attitude not much you can do about it and lucky no one was in either vehicle. Good luck and merry Christmas to you.