2015 Engine Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Being as how yer a New Yorker,that's probably the only Canuck province you know.We'll forgive you :waytogo: :Big Laugh:
Thank you! Actually, we see and hear more from Ontarians.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 78622 miles

OP
OP
M

Machete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Brand new 5.7 take off on FB marketplace around here for 5K in Alberta.

An engine swap is a 2 day driveway job.

Get some friends to help you if you dont know how to wrench.

5K isn't bad. I'd still have zero warranty. And I have another ongoing issues with the transmission that has me worried about dropping big money into it. My transmission won't go into gear sometimes. This occurs once/month maybe. Usually takes three or four attempts and one situation it lasted about 10 minutes of me blocking a road :rolleyes:
I had it fixed last year under a third party warranty. They replaced the valve body and a few other components. It was an estimated cost of $4500.00 - if that didn't solve the issue the next step was a full replacement. It didn't happen for 3-4 months but as mentioned it wasn't very frequent regardless. So that's a lingering issue. I assume because of the lift and large tires might of been the culprit

I spoke with another shop in Edmonton and they can do an new engine $8500 + $3000 labor but thats still more then I want to spend. The option of just trading it in and getting a new truck sounds better and better