2015 microphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Idk
I made the dealer install a Bluetooth radio. It's the uconnect. But they didn't install a microphone. What is a good microphone for my truck and how do I install it?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I made the dealer install a Bluetooth radio. It's the uconnect. But they didn't install a microphone. What is a good microphone for my truck and how do I install it?
If they installed an OEM radio it would be best (maybe necessary?) To install the factory microphones.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If they installed an OEM radio it would be best (maybe necessary?) To install the factory microphones.
OEM microphones on a '15 are located on the rearview mirror.
Can't remember if it's possible to use the ones in the headliner found in the +'16 models, probably need a custom wiring harness.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If at the rear of the Radio, there is a Speaker Port
find a microphone with a male plug that will work.

Instead of paying a ton of money on the lousy non noise cancelling microphones that is part of the mirror,
buy a Noise Cancelling microphone with a longer cord.

choose one of these two locations to clip the microphone head to

the first place is on the drivers "A" pillar, remove the pillars cover, run the wire up the windshield side of the pillar, to about eye level. put the cover back on, leaving the microphone head between the pillar & the windshield

The second place would be again using a long cord
run the wire up either of the "A" pillars & then over to the overhead console
Remove the over head console enough to work the microphone cord & head, to a point on the left side of the console that is approximately 6" or a bit more in front of your right eye,
the microphones head can be pinched a bit,, between the console & the roof liner

some ideas, you may find one that is slimmer & still efficient

The reason that i brought up the change of location for the microphones head, is because:

The stock mirror microphones are not noise cancelling
the breeze from an open side window has to be closed, or the Fan from the HVAC System has to be turned down, when you use the hands free microphone.

If you doubt it, look in the Owners Manual, it tells you to roll up the window & turn the HVAC fan down to the low setting !

They know they screwed up

Last edited: