2015 ram 1500 brake and rotor upgrade help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Haarstick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2015 ram 1500 I'm looking to upgrade the brakes and rotors looking for slotted rotors only and no idea on the pads. Any suggestions?

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
I have a 2015 ram 1500 I'm looking to upgrade the brakes and rotors looking for slotted rotors only and no idea on the pads. Any suggestions?
Not long ago I had Power stop z36 installed at Quick-Shifter’s shop, I went with the complete set, been very happy with them. The pads are ceramic & so far there is very little brake dust & a big improvement in braking

Attachments

• 3857109C-424A-4C76-8E70-DFCD86765DD2.jpeg
    3857109C-424A-4C76-8E70-DFCD86765DD2.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 27

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
On my 2015 I went with WAGNER OEX pads, They are rated heavy duty ! Love them, Little to no dust !
Rotors I went with WAGNER E Coated rotors , They are soild rotors . Not sure if they make slotted. But I am sure someone make E Coated rotors.
Like you I live in the Rust Belt . And so far the E Coated rotors are doing well. Un like my car with non e coated rotors !

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Who has the best deals on the Wagner stuff? I'm going to be doing mine soon.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Who has the best deals on the Wagner stuff? I'm going to be doing mine soon.
I purchased mine from a Local Parts store I used to drive for in my PT job !
But do a google search ! I have had good deals from Real Truck, Carid a vendor here , are 2 I used for parts. Even Amazon is worth a look !
But IMO you will like the Wagners

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have powerstop Z23 pads/ rotors and calipers, over a year now and I have zero complaints. Got mine from RockAuto.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Max brakes makes really good quality kits at competitive prices delivered to your door up here in canukistan!
I cant say if the prices will be competitive in the states but hey maybe its worth a look!
I must say though on my last ram (2006 1500) I really really liked the wagner severe duty pads with regular good quality rotors. wore like iron with no noise and zero fade. Ever. Low dust too.
Brake service every year helps as well. When left untended rams rear brakes tend to rust up good in the north!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Max brakes makes really good quality kits at competitive prices delivered to your door up here in canukistan!
I cant say if the prices will be competitive in the states but hey maybe its worth a look!
I must say though on my last ram (2006 1500) I really really liked the wagner severe duty pads with regular good quality rotors. wore like iron with no noise and zero fade. Ever. Low dust too.
Brake service every year helps as well. When left untended rams rear brakes tend to rust up good in the north!
Link doesn't seem to be working,at least not over here in Alberta it's not.

stenerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 VVT
I also used the Wagner oex pads and rotors. Did it in November 2020, 16k miles on them so far, been happy with them. I'm riding in dusty roads all the time so can't speak for the break dust issue much.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i put slotted only rotors and ceramic pads from Brakelabs.com on my 2011 qc and they were great. i got a complete set, 4 rotors and 2 sets of pads delivered to my door for right around $230ish last year.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wagners for me. Have used their MX series (semi-metallic) at least 7 or 8 times through the years on several different vehicles, including my 2015 Ram 1500. Never an issue. Their OEX pads are supposed to be even better.

I have not used Wagner rotors, but if I needed to replace them, I would.

Got mine at RockAuto for about 1/2 the price of the local stores, and with shipping too.

stenerson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 VVT
I replaced my front last year with Wagner oex pads and rotors in November 17k miles ago. So far been happy. Doing the rear this week with Wagner oex pads and Napa brand ultra premium coated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Robert Haarstick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What slotted rotors do u guys recommend not drilled and slotted I heard the wagner pads were awesome

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Everybody's got their 'pet' brand and there's a lot of smoke out there over which is the best quality. The only way to know would be to test a bunch. Well as it turns out there are a couple very good review videos on youtube where they test a variety of common brake pads on a brake manufacturer's test machine. They do stopping and durability tests, salt sprays for rusting too. They follow the industry testing standard method.

At the end of the day, the OEM pads were superior to all the others in stopping, durability, noise and not rusting. Rusting is important in rust-belt areas bc rusting can cause the pads to seize (not slide freely) and bind against the rotor (causing a warped rotor). Anyway, all of the 'decent' parts store or name brand pads were down a couple notches from OEM but pretty well bunched up and generally performed pretty well. Budget pads did not perform well. So based on these real-world tests, if you are looking for the best stopping and longevity, it looks like you really ought to stick with the OEM pads (which usually aren't cheap BTW).

You might do a search and watch the videos.

Last edited:

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Everybody's got their 'pet' brand and there's a lot of smoke out there over which is the best quality. The only way to know would be to test a bunch. Well as it turns out there are a couple very good review videos on youtube where they test a variety of common brake pads on a brake manufacturer's test machine. They do stopping and durability tests, salt sprays for rusting too. They follow the industry testing standard method.

At the end of the day, the OEM pads were superior to all the others in stopping, durability, noise and not rusting. Rusting is important in rust-belt areas bc rusting can cause the pads to seize (not slide freely) and bind against the rotor (causing a warped rotor). Anyway, all of the 'decent' parts store or name brand pads were down a couple notches from OEM but pretty well bunched up and generally performed pretty well. Budget pads did not perform well. So based on these real-world tests, if you are looking for the best stopping and longevity, it looks like you really ought to stick with the OEM pads (which usually aren't cheap BTW).

You might do a search and watch the videos.
even OEM pads will rust up and jam in the sliders up here in the north. annual brake service (clean and lubricate) will prolong the life of your brake system far more than just chosing OEM brake pads.

OEM pads are a comprise. they want no noise, low dust and just ok fade resistance because most people will never know the difference. I prefer semi metallic pads with high fade resistance. I wash my wheels often so dust is not a problem. Never had any squealing with my wagner severe duty pads.

Any brand name pads will be just fine on your truck. You can chose between ceramic and semi metallic as you see fit. parts store el cheapo made in china pads are hit and miss. Ive seen good ones but most of them are crap and stink like hell and dont brake very well. do not reccomend unless you are just going to sell it after.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The trucks are graded and tested for stopping ability by insurance companies, magazines and (maybe) the gov't. Given the buying (and bargaining) power of the OEM's, I'm not sure why they would go with an inferior product when they are being compared against Fords and Chevy's. From what I've seen, OEM parts are almost always superior to aftermarket (sorry Dorman!).

Go watch the videos and make up your own mind. There are multiple